CETL MSOR Conference 2014
- Cardiff University
For further Conference details, please visit www.sigma-network.ac.uk/cetl-msor.conference-2014/
Registration is open! The last booking date is Friday, 29th August 2014. Book here
In 2009, sigmaexplored the growing use of technology in mathematics and statistics support [i]. Five years on, technology has advanced and new ways of exploiting it are emerging (for instance MOOCs, mobile apps, flipped classrooms). We are entering a period of educational experiment and disruptive innovation. This year’s conference will explore ways in which learning, teaching and support in Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research in Higher Education are being shaped by the opportunities arising through a more connected world.
The title of this year's Conference is "Mathematics and Statistics Teaching, Learning and Support: Real, Virtual, Mobile" and its principal themes are:
- Technology-enhanced learning and teaching
- Back to basics! The lasting value of face-to-face interaction
- Offering mathematics and statistics support through technology
- Harnessing the power of social media for improving student engagement
- Whither (wither!) the traditional lecture – evolving your teaching to keep pace with a more connected world
The call for abstracts is now closed.