Clean Air for All
- Birmingham B15 2TH, Lecture Theatre 3, Level 1 Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Mindelsohn Way
- Lectures Talks and Workshops, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research
Working together to improve the air we breathe for better health
Poor air quality is one of the major public health challenges in Birmingham. We know that the negative impacts of this are worst for the most vulnerable residents - those on a low income and those with long-term health conditions.
This event is a chance to find out more about how poor air quality affects all of our lives and give your views on what can be done both individually and collectively to improve air quality.
Birmingham is part of the wider West Midlands region and should be well placed to make improvements to air quality as we have leading hospitals, universities, a major transport network and committed, active citizens.
This evening event will bring together doctors, scientists, social enterprises, charities, community groups and policy experts to address your questions and discuss solutions. We will explore the different types of pollution that we breathe during our daily lives, the health risks and how this puts pressure on our healthcare services. We will also look at how research can shape air quality and health policies to improve the lives of those in our city
There will be a mixture of presentations, interactive sessions and time for discussion and networking. Come along to meet experts in the field, and other like-minded people with whom you can join forces to make change.
Find out more about our Birmingham Heroes: Tackling Air Pollution
- Margaret O’Hara, Public Involvement in Research Lead, University Hospitals Birmingham
- Lawrence Tallon, Director of Corporate Strategy, Planning & Performance, University Hospitals Birmingham
- Dr Jenny Baverstock, UK Clean Air Champion TBC
- Phillippa Hentsch, Head of Strategy & Analysis, University Hospitals Birmingham
- Professor William Bloss, Professor of Atmospheric Science, University of Birmingham
- Sandra Green, Campaign Network Coordinator, British Lung Foundation