The Finance Office
The Finance Office provide a range of services and advice to all areas of the University to ensure that the finances – present and future – support the University’s delivery of the Birmingham 2030 Strategic Framework.
“The Finance Office supports the University's core business, assessing the delivery of the Strategic Framework and securing its long term financial future.”
The Office does this through the following divisions:
- Business Engagement - The Business Engagement team works with industry and the public sector, building industrial partnerships and collaborations. They work closely with key regional, national and international partners to develop academic-industry links and strategic business partnerships that will help to enhance our performance and status as an engaged University.
- Financial Services - provides a wide range of financial and research support services and also a customer focussed service to the University’s staff, pensioners and those providing work based services to the University.
- Procurement and Insurance - providing procurement support and advice to all areas of the University, to ensure that it gets best value for money from all its suppliers.
- Research Support Services - helping our academic community to develop new opportunities that lead to new research, more income and increased impact.
- UoB Enterprise - the University's technology transfer company
In addition, the Internal Audit Service is an independent function that provides an objective assurance and consultancy service.