Applicants are to apply online by the closing date indicated:
April intake: International applications 28 February, Local applications 25 March
October intake: International applications 31 August, Local applications 19 September
To apply, please register an account at SIMConnect.
For an international applicant applying for full-time programme, you must submit an online Student’s Pass application form. Your Student’s Pass application is subjected to Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority’s approval.
- By the application closing date, you must have attained the minimum qualification required for the programme.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required supporting documents into your e-application within 7 days of submitting your e-application, or by the closing date, whichever is earlier. Please do not upload photographed copies of your documents.
- Bring along the original documents for verification at SIM’s Student Recruitment Centre, Level 2 within 7 days of submitting your e-application, or by closing date, whichever is earlier.If you are living outside Singapore, take your academic documents to a SIM trusted partner, a University of Birmingham agent or the British Council for certification as original. You must then take the original documentation with you when you register with SIM for the orientation programme.
Before you commence the e-application, please ensure that you have the scanned copies of the following documents on hand for uploading and entry in the e-application form:
a) A photograph, (you may use our online image editing tool to meet the above file size and dimension specifications).
- taken within the last 3 months;
- showing the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features);
- between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown and 35mm wide by 45mm high without border preferred dimension of the photo image is 400 by 514 pixels.
- in JPEG format;
- with a file size around 60 Kbytes
b) Your identification documents, i.e. NRIC or FIN/Passport and Birth Certificate (for international applicants).
c) All your educational certificates and transcripts (including your ‘O’ and ‘A’ level certificates, etc). Translated and notarised copies of the documents are required if they are not in English language.
d) A fully completed application form with two references, one of which must be academic related.
e) A letter expressing your academic interest and your objectives in undertaking post graduate study.
Please save and scan the various pages of a similar document type in one file. For example, if your Diploma transcript has 3 pages, scan all 3 pages into one file for uploading. All copiesof documents should be reduced to A4 size.
Applications with incomplete, inaccurate information and not accompanied by supporting documents will NOT be processed or considered.
All applicants will be informed of their application outcome in writing via applicants’ email and SIM applicant portal at least one month before course commencement. Verbal offers ofadmission will not be made nor accepted. The Programme Director selects students for admission into the programme based on individual merits. Possession of one or more of thequalifications listed does not guarantee automatic entry to the programme.The university reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission and cancel the enrolment of any person where such an offer was made on the basis of incomplete or inaccurate information supplied by the applicant or a certifying authority.