Choosing the right business school, MBA or Masters programme is a decision that may involve a sizable investment in terms of time and money with the expectation to generate significant returns.
Therefore, it is a decision that justifies a great deal of careful selection and research. Accreditation and rankings are two key factors that may play an important role in your decision making process.
Birmingham Business School, along with just a handful of the world’s business schools, holds the gold standard of ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) , AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
Find out about the 'triple-crown' accreditors
Accreditation is a key factor to take into consideration since recognition from a leading international system of quality assessment provides a reliable indication of quality in business and management education.
AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting. It is the hallmark of excellence in business education, and has been earned by less than five percent of the world's business schools. AACSB Accreditation is known, worldwide, as the longest standing, most recognized form of specialised/professional accreditation an institution and its business programs can earn.
AMBA (Association of MBAs) is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education and is the global standard for all MBA programmes. Their accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA programmes; being an accredited business school means that students and alumni have access to a range of services and benefits, including world-class events, unparalleled networking opportunities and access to a global database of knowledge and talent.
EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) is the leading international business school accreditation system with a global community of accredited business schools. Graduates who choose to study at an EQUIS accredited school can be assured they are attending an institution with high international standards of quality and that they will receive international recognition for their qualification which is extremely important in today's global environment.
Rankings are important because they are a measure of the quality of degree programmes and the student experience available.
View our rankings
Graduating from a highly ranked business school means that your degree remains highly regarded within the global employment market and enhances your portfolio, allowing you to boost your career, and command a higher salary.
Birmingham Business School and its programmes and courses are also associated with and recognised by a wide range of professional partners.
View our partners and associated bodies
Below are a selection of partners and bodies associated with degrees and programmes offered at Birmingham Business School.
- Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)- the largest and most widely respected professional body for those who work in the securities and investment industry in the UK and in a growing number of financial centres globally. The CISI has awarded the Department of Accounting and Finance with the title of ‘Centre for excellence in Finance teaching’.
- KPMG - a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Birmingham Business School is one of only three UK universities offering the KPMG School Leaver's Programme.
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) - an independent business within the Economist Group. Through research and analysis they offer forecasting and advisory services to its clients.
- ICAEW - a world leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports over 140,000 chartered accountants worldwide. Our Accounting and Finance BSc degree course can offer exemptions for ICAEW professional exams.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate the financial services industry in the UK. Their aim is to protect consumers, ensure the industry remains stable and promote healthy competition between financial services providers.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) - the leading professional body for marketers worldwide, CIM exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Students on the BSc Business Management with Marketing programme will have the chance to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.