About us: English | Español | Português | العربية | 한국의 | 中文简体 | 中文繁體 | 日本語
Professor Simon Collinson, Dean of Birmingham Business School - We are a dynamic and internationally-focused School offering programmes across the full range of Business School disciplines. The School's academic staff conduct world-class research, in addition to achieving excellence in teaching and enriching students' understanding. We pride ourselves on students graduating with a range of knowledge and skills that give them a competitive edge."
We seek to equip you with the insight, ambition and skills to shape better, simpler and more sustainable business strategies.
Learn more about our approach
We promote an engaged and applied approach to research that informs, and is informed by, debates from across the world.
Learn more about our research
Latest news from the Business School
- In the wake of the crash of Germanwings Flight 4U9525, Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour Amy Fraher examines the worrying trend in which many airlines are cutting costs by employing less experienced pilots in order to remain competitive.
- Professor Isabelle Szmigin of the Department of Marketing considers the latest shopping basket of goods used to measure UK inflation and what it does - or doesn't - say about the changes in consumer tastes.
- A recent research project headed by Dr Joe Sanderson, Head of Procurement and Operations Management Department, has been published by the Association of Business Schools (ABS) in a case study collection designed to highlight the impact of business school research.
- We are delighted to announce that we have been ranked 53rd in the 2015 Global MBA rankings of Expansion, a leading Spanish-language business magazine published in Mexico and across Latin America.
- Amy Fraher, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Organisation, Work and Employment at the Birmingham Business School has won the 2015 Axiom Business Book Awards Silver Medal for her book The Next Crash: How Short Term Profit Seeking Trumps Airline Safety (Cornell University Press).
Connect with us