- Vyas N, Pecheva E, Dehghani H, Sammons RL, Wang QX, Leppinen DM, Walmsley AD. (2016) High Speed Imaging of Cavitation around Dental Ultrasonic Scaler Tips. PLoS ONE 11(3): e0149804. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0149804
Interdisciplinary research with Physical Sciences for Imaging in the Biological Sciences Doctoral training centre (PSIBS) including Computer Sciences and Mathematics. The paper was featured on the University News Site and Science Daily. This work is the basis of an active submission to EPSRC for future funding. The material has won several public engagement pries both at the University and nationally from EPSRC and the Royal Microscopy Society
- Claire S, Walmsley AD, Glinton S, Floyd H, Sammons R & Pikramenou Z. (2015) The deposition and imaging of silica sub-micron particles in dentine. Journal of Dentistry. 43:1242-8.
Interdisciplinary research with PSIBS including Chemistry. The work is novel on using nanoparticles to enter into the dentinal tubules of teeth. The research was featured on the University News site and Science Daily.
- Macedo RG, Robinson JP, Verhaagen B, Walmsley AD, Versluis M, Cooper PR, Van der Sluis LWM. (2014) A novel methodology providing new insights into the ultrasonic removal of a biofilm-mimicking hydrogel from lateral morphological features of the root canal. Internal Endodontic Journal; 47c: 1040-51. doi: 10.1111/iej.12246
International interdisciplinary research with PSIBS and researchers from Amsterdam (ACTA) and Twente, the Netherlands. This research was presented in International Ultrasonic conferences
- Walmsley AD, Lea SC, Felver B, King DC, Price GJ. Mapping Cavitation activity around dental ultrasonic tips. Clinical Oral Investigations 2013 17:1227–1234
Interdisciplinary research with the Chemistry Department at the University of Bath. This article has been the subject of an international debate and an evidence based literature review on the use of Ultrasonic Scalers.
- Gao Q, Walmsley AD, Cooper PR, Scheven, BA Ultrasound Stimulation of Different Dental Stem Cell Populations: Role of Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase Signalling. Journal of Endodontics 2016;-:1–7 doi: 10.1016/j.joen.2015.12.019
Novel biomedical regenerative research with colleagues from the School of Dentistry (led by Dr Ben Scheven). This article has been highlighted in the national press and is generating new avenues in this area of research.
Further publications can found at the link below: