Careers Network are here to help. As a Birmingham Graduate, you don’t have to navigate a complex employment market alone.
Careers Network are here to support you through each step of your career journey – now, and into the future. Watch the video to find out all the ways we support you after you graduate.
(Audio transcribed video)
Please ensure you create a graduate account in Careers Connect in order to book your place, and to explore all events and graduate job vacancies.
Top tips to boost your employability
Here are some top tips Careers Network recommends you explore to boost your employability as a recent graduate:
- Register with us to create a graduate account in Careers Connect. This will allow you to browse graduate jobs and internships, book your place on an event or book a 1-1 careers appointment to discuss your next steps
- Check our latest online programme of events and activities (scroll below) tailored for you to develop your skills and enhance your professional network
- Apply for the Careers Mentoring scheme to help you crystallise your career goals and plan your next steps by learning from a professional working in an area of interest
- Get instant feedback on your CV with our online tool ‘CV Checker’ and practice your interview technique online
- Keep up to date by following us on Brum Alum LinkedIn group or subscribing to our Careers Network blog for the latest news, guidance and advice.
As a recent alumnus you will receive the Birmingham Graduate newsletter which offers industry insights and careers support on a monthly basis too.
Access our graduate pathways and careers support for graduates which have been designed to help, no matter where you are in your career journey.
Local graduates from the West Midlands
- Attend events on campus - join exclusive activity designed for local graduates seeking graduate work in their home region. Contact Project Lead: Alison Sharp, Transformation West Midlands email@example.com for more information.
- Networking opportunities - get connected to regional and local organisations, employability programmes and for graduate jobs or entry into self-employment by joining the Transformation West Midlands LinkedIn Group
- Access careers advice - if you were on the A2B programme, you can access a progression coach to support you with careers advice and your personal development. To find out more and express your interest go to the Progression coaching webpage
- Find out where to source graduate jobs on the ‘Work in the West Midlands’ online page.