When you create a graduate account with us on Careers Connect, you will be asked to complete your profile. This is a simple process which should take less than five minutes; there are four pages of options for you to work through.
Benefits of signing up for notifications
Get information that is tailored to your degree and career aspirations and never miss out on that vital opportunity. These notices will come directly to your inbox rather than you having to log on and search for information and you can control how frequently you receive these. You can sign up for emails to let you know about:
- Upcoming events
- New jobs and opportunities available
- Opportunities of different types – for instance, if you're interested in work experience
- Opportunities in your sector(s) of interest
- Jobs, opportunities and postgraduate courses from TargetJobs
You can sign up for as little or as much information as you want, and change your selections any time you like.
How to complete your profile
The first time you log into your graduate account and try to do something within Careers Connect, you will be asked to complete your profile.
Completing your profile
- Mobile number and email: the email is set by default to the one you used to create your profile. Mobile number can be useful if you book an appointment or event with us and we need to notify you of a short-notice change, but it is not essential.
- General, event and opportunity emails: Careers Network does not currently send targeted emails but you can sign up here to receive daily or weekly updates on new events and opportunities as they are added to the system.
- Types and business areas of interest: If you signed up for opportunity emails on the previous screen, you can specify here which areas you are interested in. Want to know about all the journalism or engineering jobs each week? Here's your chance!
- TARGETjobs signup: TARGETjobs is an external organisation which offers careers information and details of jobs and postgraduate courses. While our opportunities are aimed at you as a University of Birmingham student, these are intended for a much wider audience – but there are a lot more of them! Again, you can choose the sectors you are interested in.
If you've already completed your profile, you can update it and change your preferences by going to "My profile" in the menu and choosing "update profile".