University sponsorships are not available for part-time applicants. If you are a part-time applicant who requires visa sponsorship, please refer to our visa categories for further information.
MSc/PGDip Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science is accredited by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education
This Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Masters/PGDip has been designed for people from a variety of academic backgrounds to get them up to speed with artificial intelligence and computer science. The programme is generally for students who have a first degree in a subject other than computing, but we consider students with a background in computing on a case-by-case basis.
To enrich your learning experience on our programmes, our teaching is delivered jointly by staff from both our campuses (Dubai and the UK), by utilising modern digital technology. Typically, for each module, the teaching team consists of colleagues across the campuses with at least one member based in the Dubai campus. You will receive the same high-quality teaching materials (lecture slides and notes, for example) and rigorous assessments (assignments and exams, for example) as our UK campus. You will also have the opportunity to interact with staff & students across both campuses to support and enhance your learning experience. Furthermore, there is also the opportunity to conduct projects under the supervision of staff from either of our campuses which significantly boosts the pool of project topics accessible to our students.
We offer a flexible combination of evening and weekend classes which are designed to accommodate working professionals. For more detailed information about timetables and programme content, please call +971 (0) 4 249 2302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view a draft timetable below. View our semester dates.
Discover our draft timetable >
The recent years have seen astonishing advances in artificial intelligence that are promising to transfer the way we interpret and use data. These advances are already finding their way into our daily lives in areas that include automated language translation, speech recognition and generation, recommender systems, face identification and other applications that we may not even be aware of. It is also allowing us to think about the nature of intelligence from different perspectives to understand the way that humans perform tasks, and to augment and support our abilities in areas such as medical diagnostics, where AI techniques are beginning to be used to filter vast medical datasets to provide doctors with new insights that can be used to inform a diagnosis or treatment plan.
In our MSc/PGDip Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science programme, you'll learn data management skills so that you can collect and manipulate data. You’ll learn the all-important skills and techniques of programming, algorithm analysis and computer systems so that you can develop efficient computational solutions. Further, you’ll learn classical and modern artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques so that you can analyse and extract patterns from data. Teaching is joint between academics on our Dubai campus, and our Edgbaston Campus. You will also have the opportunity to interact and work alongside students in our Edgbaston campus in the UK whilst you study at our Dubai campus.
This programme will develop your in-depth understanding of the fundamental and core principles of artificial intelligence and computer science and allow you to apply your knowledge to real-world problems through a substantial individual project.
Why study Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science at Birmingham Dubai?
- Global recognition - We offer the same world-class education as in our UK campus by delivering the same high-quality curriculum and meticulously similar quality assurance processes.
- International reputation - The School of Computer Science is a truly international place, and our academics specialise in subjects including artificial intelligence and cyber security, which the modern world is built upon. You will be obtaining a first-class education in real-world issues and will become the person that can develop and lead society and our future.
- Research focused teaching - Our research feeds directly into your teaching ensuring your programme includes the latest developments in Computer Science, such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Cyber Security.
- Excellent career prospects - The broad range of skills you will gain mean you could choose to work in technology consultancy, IT, investment and banking, software development, data science, finance, or join on of the many emerging start-up companies.
- Connections across the world - You will become part of our global community of computer science students across the world meaning you will be connected wherever you go in the world.
At the School of Computer Science, we are not just renowned for teaching and research excellence. We also produce novel solutions for real-world applications, including:
- Working with Jaguar Land Rover to make their vehicles more secure
- Contributing to the development of the Trusted Platform Module which makes many of our computers capable of secure cryptographic operations
- Deploying autonomous, intelligent robots in security and health support facilities
- Developing a revolutionary, award-winning method for diagnosing skin cancer