Farmers' Market 22 May
- University Square - Chancellors Court
- Farmers Market Co-ordinator
Retail Operations, University Centre
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
Tel: +44 (0)121 415 8400
Whether you are a member of staff, a student or simply live in the local area, take a walk onto campus for the University of Birmingham Farmer's Market and browse the range of stalls offering locally sourced, fairly priced and environmentally friendly produce from top quality organic goods to seasonal fare.
Typical stalls include:
- Hindleys Bakery offering bread and cakes, arts and crafts stalls,
- hot food stalls including ostrich meat and eggs, sausages hot served and cold,
- Brockleby’s a savoury and sweet pie producer,
- Elizabeth Patisserie cakes and patisseries,
- Norbury Norrest a producer who sells ciders, fruit wines, apple juice, jams and pickles.
Markets all take place in University Square, starting at 10:00 and finishing at 15:00.
University of Birmingham Farmers' market information:
- University of Birmingham Farmers’ market defines "local" as 50 miles from the market. The majority of producers attending University of Birmingham Farmers’ Market will come from within this area. Exceptions are made for products that cannot be sourced locally.
- All of the produce on offer will have been grown, raised, caught or processed (using local ingredients) by the producer.
- The producer or someone involved in production will be present at the stall and able to answer questions about the produce on offer, for example - methods of production.
- All stallholders have Product and Public Liability Insurance.
- All stallholders have been visited by Health & Hygiene Inspectors and meet the required standards.
- All Farmers' Markets are open to staff, students and the public.