Introduction to the Wet Laboratory
- Capacity 180 and the ability to teach 3 disciplines simultaneously.
- 50 large fume cupboards, with an array of state-of-the-art analytical instruments (gas chromatographs, high pressure liquid Chromatographs, Atomic Absorption spectrometers, Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometers, Fluorescence and Raman spectrometers, benchtop nuclear magnetic resonance machines, Powder X-Ray Spectrometer).
- Four x 1300ºC furnaces for fabrication of advanced materials such as superconductors.
- Services include – extraction, chilled water and common/specialist gases, all provided from a dedicated floor above.
- Key users: Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/ Geography, Earth and Environmental Science.
360 view of the Wet Laboratory