We offer users a 45 sqm wet-lab stocked with the consumables and equipment needed for NMR sample preparation; access to other biophysical tools can also be arranged.
Equipment available in the NMR laboratory
- centrifuges for NMR sample tubes and eppendorf tubes
- chemical fume hood
- dryer for tubes
- freezers (-20º and -80ºC)
- pH meter for NMR sample tubes
- tube cleaner
Consumables including 5 mm NMR tubes, deuterated buffers, DMSO and D2O are available at cost from Nick Fine (NMR Lab Manager).
The Birmingham Biophysical Characterisation Facility offers additional facilities for biophysical analysis of proteins including:
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Circular Dichroism
- FT-ICR mass spectrometry
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Surface Plasmon Resonance
- X-ray crystallography
Instrumentation for sample preparation and optimisation in the School of Biosciences includes:
- Automated protein and RNA purification systems (both FPLC and HPLC)
- Incubator shakers for E. coli fermentation
- MALS and DLS instrumentation
- Thermofluor screening for NMR conditions and ligands
We are members of the Technology Hub which also provides a range of facilities.