Canon Foundation Fellowships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- EU, Israel, Japan, Norway, Turkey, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 15/09/2022
The Canon Foundation in Europe is a philanthropic, grant-making institution, active in the promotion of international cultural and scientific relations between Europe and Japan.
Annually, the Canon Foundation in Europe grants up to 15 Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. European Fellows are expected to pursue a period of research in Japan whereas Japanese Fellows are expected to do their research in Europe. Canon Foundation Fellowships are for a minimum period of three months up to maximum of one year.
Value of Award
The financial support for Research Fellows ranges from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and pro-rata for different periods.
- All Europeans are eligible to apply (including Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries).
- Europeans should have permanent citizenship in the country.
- Applicants should have obtained at least a Master's degree within the last ten years of applying to the Canon Foundation. The foundation will also consider candidates who obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application.
- Please note that priority is given to applicants going to Europe and Japan for the first time.
- All fields of research are supported. Applicants do not have to be currently enrolled or employed at the time of applying
How to Apply
The online application form, along with full details of the application process, is available through the Canon Foundation website.
The next application deadline will be 15 September 2022 for applications starting between January and December 2023.