Poynting Excellence Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Physics and Astronomy
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Poynting Excellence Scholarship, for international undergraduate physics students, enables you to be recognised and rewarded for your excellent academic achievements before arriving as a student at the University of Birmingham.
Value of Award
The Poynting Excellence Scholarship consists of £3000 during year 1 semester 1 for all students who meet the criteria below. Holders of this award become eligible for the Poynting Achievement Scholarship renewal after year 1.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- Obtain the following results or equivalent in other qualification systems*
- A Levels A* in Mathematics or Further Mathematics, A* in Physics, A* in a third subject
- IB: 7, 7, 7 from Higher Levels including Mathematics and Physics
- HKDSE: 5*, 5*, 5* including Mathematics and Physics
- Indian Standard XII ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra 90% in three subjects including Maths and Physics
- Indian Standard XII West Bengal: 85% in three subjects including Maths and Physics
- Indian Standard XII Other State board: 95% in three subjects including Maths and Physics
- Malaysian STPM: Grades equivalent to A level grades above
- Be classified as overseas for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS:
- The Poynting Excellence Scholarship cannot be held in the same year in conjunction with Poynting Achievement Scholarship, this award takes priority.
*Conversion from other qualification systems is calculated internally by the university, to enquire about your qualifications, please contact the student recruitment team.
How to Apply
No application is required, all those who meet the conditions above will be contacted by the end of welcome week 2022.
Physics Undergraduate Admissions
0121 414 4563