The Metallurgy and Materials Entry Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Metallurgy and Materials Entry Scholarships, for UK undergraduate students, enable you to be recognised and rewarded for your excellent academic achievements before arriving as a student at the University of Birmingham.
Value of Award
You may be eligible for either the £2500 or £3500 scholarship which will be paid in Semester 1 Year 1.
To be eligible for these scholarships you must:
- Be classified as UK for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS
For the £2500 award you must obtain at least the following A Level results or equivalent in other qualification systems*
- A* in Mathematics or Physics/Chemistry/D&T.
- AA in other subjects
For the £3500 award you must obtain at least the following A Level results or equivalent in other qualification systems*
- A* in Mathematics
- A* in Physics or Chemistry or D&T.
- A in other subjects
* Conversion from other qualification systems is calculated internally by the university, to enquire about your qualifications, please contact the student recruitment team.
You may hold either the £2500 or £3500 award, not both, the £3500 award will take priority.
How to Apply
No application is required, all those who meet the conditions above will be contacted by the end of welcome week 2022.
Metallurgy and Materials Undergraduate Admissions