This module is designed for distance learning to enable students to demonstrate advanced understanding and clinical skill in the following subject areas:
- Advanced aesthetic techniques using direct composite
- Periodontal plastic surgery
- Crown lengthening surgery
- Molar endodontics
- The minimally invasive management of missing teeth
Some module content will also be delivered at two face-to-face residential courses and will provide teaching and/or practical simulation experience in the following module 5 subject areas:
- Direct restorative techniques
- Treatment planning
Module Attendance Required
Distance learning. Two one-week residential courses.
Year 2: February - May
- Periodontics 40%
Preparation of a case report documenting the assessment, diagnosis and management of a patient with periodontal disease.
- Endodontics (Simulation) 30%
Preparation and obturation of a natural extracted molar tooth.
- Simulation (XLA tooth) Anterior composite (Layers) or Posterior (Bulk-fill/Stain) 30%
Preparation of a carious tooth and using a bulk filling technique or layering an anterior tooth.
Academics involved in the delivery of this module
Stand Alone Course
This module is not available as a stand alone course.