This module is designed for distance learning to enable students to develop clear understanding of theoretical and practical aspects relating to the detection, diagnosis and management of dental diseases including caries, periodontal and endodontic diseases and non-carious tooth tissue loss (NCTTL).
The module also provides the scientific evidence base for restorative treatment with regard to the fundamental principles of:
- Fixed and removable prosthodontics
- Minimally invasive dentistry
- Aesthetics in dentistry
- Restorative materials
- Dental bleaching
- Treatment planning for restorative dentistry
Students may also chose optional study units in:
- Medicine in dentistry
- Oral surgery
Module Attendance Required
Distance learning. Two one-week residential courses.
Year 1: February - May
- 10 PreViser risk assessments with reflective comments
- BPE Audit and outcomes assessment for codes 3 & 4
- Treatment planning exercises:
- Bleaching exercise 25%
- Option 1: Bleaching clinical case report exercise
- Option 2: Bleaching treatment planning exercise (For students working in countries where bleaching is not legal/within scope of practice)
- Removable partial denture design exercise 20%
Academics involved in the delivery of this module
Stand Alone Course
This module is not available as a stand alone course.