Cardiovascular Biology (20 Credits)
This module will provide you with an understanding of the breadth of cardiovascular science, the current theories and dogmas within the field and exposure to cutting edge research.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current knowledge of the cardiovascular system
- Analyse experimental data from primary research papers
- Construct a well-argued report or presentation on specific aspects of cardiovascular science
- Be able to critically appraise the literature on specific aspects of cardiovascular science
- Design experiments to test specific hypothesis
Module dates: Module dates for 2019/20 to be confirmed shortly
Module attendance required: Attendance required most days at lectures, small group teaching and journal clubs
Method of teaching: This module will be delivered by a mixture of lectures, small group sessions and self-directed learning.
- In course assessments (presentations, journal clubs, abstracts and short reports (in small group sessions) 50%
- End of module exam (SAQ & Essays) 50%
Academics involved in the delivery of this module: Dr Steve Thomas and Dr Neil Morgan