Cardiovascular Biology (20 Credits)
This module will provide you with an understanding of the breadth of cardiovascular science, the current theories and dogmas within the field and exposure to cutting edge research.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of current research topics in cardiovascular science;
- Analyse and interpret experimental data from primary research papers;
- Construct a well-argued report or presentation on selected aspects of cardiovascular science;
- Critically appraise the literature on selected aspects of cardiovascular science;
- Explain how experiments might be designed to test specific hypothesis.
Module dates for 2019/20 to be confirmed shortly.
Module attendance required:
Attendance required most days at lectures, small group teaching and journal clubs.
Method of teaching:
This module will be delivered by a mixture of lectures, small group sessions and self-directed learning.
- In course assessments (presentations, journal clubs, abstracts and short reports (in small group sessions) 50%
- End of module exam (SAQ & Essays) 50%
Academics involved in the delivery of this module:
Dr Steve Thomas and Dr Neil Morgan