Research Project (120 Credits)
During this module you will undertake a 6 month full time laboratory research project within a research group in the Institute of Cardiovascular Science. You will join a research group and become part of its activities including lab meetings. You will also take part in the design of the project and fully undertake the experiments and write up of data. Projects will stem from the expertise of the institute research groups.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current knowledge of the cardiovascular system
- Analyse experimental data from primary research papers
- Construct a well-argued report or presentation on specific aspects of cardiovascular science
- Be able to critically appraise the literature on specific aspects of cardiovascular science
- Design experiments to test specific hypothesis
Module dates: January to August
- 15 min oral presentation (25%)
- 15,000 word thesis (75%)
Academics involved in the delivery of this module: Dr Steve Thomas; Professor Neil Morgan plus a supervisor chosen from one of the Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences research groups.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest updates and FAQs for future students and offer-holdersVisit our FAQs