This module is designed to facilitate M level learning in the workplace. It enables you to identity an aspect of learning pertinent to your professional development within their your professional role; and to plan and carry out independent study of that learning with subsequent evaluation of its effectiveness. The area of practice development will be decided through negotiation with the academic tutor.
Examples may include:
- management of a unique or different client/service user caseload
- developing new service provision or change of role within a current service provision
- participation in an established or setting up a new in service education programme
- support and mentoring of more junior staff or students
This module can lead to ACE Chartered Society of Physiotherapy accreditation, in which case the learning should include mentorship of undergraduate and/or pre registration PG students.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Identify and justify an aspect of learning pertinent to your professional development in your current role
- Critically analyse the range of opportunities available for furthering identified learning
- Plan, carry out and justify an action plan capable of achieving identified learning including production of supportable learning outcomes
- Critically evaluate effectiveness of the identified action plan in achieving the derived learning outcomes
- Critically evaluate the contribution of new learning to current role development
- Critically evaluate revealed learning needs arising from this planned activity
There are no lectures or taught sessions for this module. Academic support is provided on a one-to-one basis from an Academic Tutor. Contact time allows for up to 10 hours individual academic tutorial time, as appropriate to your individual needs.
Module Attendance Required
You will submit a 3000 word assignment demonstrating achievement of the module learning outcomes. Portfolio evidence may be used within the appendices to support this.
Academics involved in the delivery of this module
Stand Alone Course
This module can be taken as a stand alone course if required. To apply, please contact the Programme Administrator:
Telephone: +44 (0)121 414 3126
Entry requirements if taken as a stand alone course
For further information on requirements please contact the Programme Administrator