Zibby Garnett Travelling Fellowship
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters
- Subject area
- Heritage, History, History of Art
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 12/03/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
ZGTF is a charity whose purpose is to give financial help to individual students and apprentices who wish to widen their knowledge of conservation and want to travel to countries outside the United Kingdom to study subjects in one of the following fields:
- Historic buildings
- Historic designed landscapes and historic gardens
- Allied trades, techniques, skills and crafts
- Artefacts and decorative arts
The grants are intended for practical study and conservation work. A grant can meet almost all the cost of a study placement or make a contribution.
- ZGTF does not give grants for placements in the UK.
- The grants are for short term, individual study and are not for attending formal courses or conferences.
- The grants are intended for conservation and not for new work.
- Grants will not be considered retrospectively.
Value of Award
Between £300 to £2000.
To be eligible, applicants should be studying (or have recently been studying), full or part time, for a recognised degree or diploma, or be post-graduates at a university or college, or be in the formative years of their careers. They can also be trade apprentices, trainee architects or trainee landscape architects. There is no age limit.
The awards are open to applicants resident in the United Kingdom; they do not have to be British. If they are not British, their chosen destination for their study should preferably not be their own home country (unless they can demonstrate a convincing reason connected with the field of study). Applicants must demonstrate how their course of study will benefit cultural heritage in the UK, either directly through practical conservation or by contributing to the UK’s knowledge base.
How to Apply
The application form is avialble from the Zibby Garnett Travel Fellowship Website.