Our highly talented MBA students and specialist MSc students are ready to help you by carrying out critical strategic projects or research in key areas of your business.
We have students keen to assist you with projects in Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Operations, IT, Human Resource Management, or any other business discipline. These projects are usually, though not exclusively, assigned to students as their final assessment over the summer. All work carried out is confidential, making for an extremely valuable low-cost consultancy resource to companies. We encourage companies to submit projects every year and to contact us with all ideas and research needs that you have.
Former MBA project clients include:
Aston Villa, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Jaguar Land Rover, KPMG, Lloyds Bank, Marstons, Mondelez, NHS Trust, One Point Three Consulting, PA Consulting, Reckitt Benckiser, and Unilever.
MBA International Business / MBA Global Banking and Finance
These projects can be very advanced. MBA students join us with a high degree of experience and are looking carry out a substantial piece of strategic research or consultancy. Their backgrounds and nationalities are so diverse that we can usually source the right student to tackle any business discipline, calling upon multiple language skills and related experience. Companies that have taken advantage of this opportunity in the past range from multinational banks and major financial institutions, to research and commercial firms and marketing specialists, consultancies, human resources departments, regional SMEs and public service and not-for-profit organisations.
All MBA projects take place over the summer. The students can work full time on the project between June and September. Projects can be field-based, company-based or a mixture of the two. We welcome interest from companies regionally, nationally and internationally.
MBA Projects Contact:
Andrew Miles, email@example.com
MSc Strategic Marketing and Consulting
These projects require the student to carry out a marketing / communications based consultancy project. The timings of these projects differ slightly in that we can offer group projects between November and March, as well as the traditional individual projects between May and September. The students are being trained in the science of marketing research, and will be able to offer a sound knowledge of marketing, research techniques and the principles of consultancy. They are being taught project management skills, and will be briefed on etiquette for business consultancy assignments. Examples of the type of project that can be undertaken include:
- Investigating the size and structure of markets (either UK or overseas).
- Consumer attitudes towards products, services, brands or organisations.
- Competitor analysis – understanding strategies, markets and performance.
- New market potential – exploring the business potential for new product or service ideas.
- Evaluating a client’s on-line or off-line marketing strategy, relative to competitors and/or relative to benchmark organisations in other sectors.
- Identifying and planning marketing communication campaigns – identifying appropriate media, targets, message and timing.
- Researching best practice or case study examples of company strategies in particular market sectors.
- Relationship between service recovery and brand loyalty.
Information about what the MSc Marketing projects can do for you
Complete a Project Proposal Form here
MSc Projects Contact:
Dr Raphaël Akamavi, Lecturer in Marketing