John S Fossey Memorial Symposium
- The School of Chemistry, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- Wednesday 29 March (10:00) - Thursday 30 March 2023 (17:00)
A celebration of Organic Synthesis, Catalysis, Supramolecular Chemistry and Molecular Sensing
The meeting is being held to commemorate the passing of Professor John S. Fossey and will see leading scientists from across the globe come together to celebrate the areas of science that Professor Fossey was most passionate about.
List of confirmed speakers
- Professor Shu-Li You, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry
- Professor Carmen Galan, The University of Bristol
- Dr Ai-Lan Lee, Heriot Watt University
- Professor Thorfinnur Gunnlaugsson, Trinity College Dublin
- Professor Steven Bull, The University of Bath
- Dr William Brittain, Durham University
- Dr Ben Buckley, Loughborough University
- Dr Steve Butler, Loughborough University
- Dr Paul Davies, The University of Birmingham
- Dr Rob Elmes, The University of Maynooth
- Dr Richard Grainger, The University of Birmingham
- Professor Jennifer Hiscock, The University of Kent
- Dr Andrew Leach, The University of Manchester
- Professor Akira Matsumoto, The University of Tokyo
- Professor Tsuyoshi Minami, The University of Tokyo
- Professor Tomoki Nishimura, The University of Shinshu
- Professor Sofia Pascu, The University of Bath
- Dr Daniel Payne, The Open University / NIMS
- Dr Anna Peacock, The University of Birmingham
- Professor Kazuo Sakurai, The University of Kitakyushu
- Professor Steve Goldup, The University of Birmingham
- Dr George Williams, University of Southampton
- Alex Quy, University of Birmingham
- Dr Andrew Dalling, Syngenta
- Professor David Leigh, The University of Manchester
Further speakers will be added as they are confirmed
John S Fossey Memorial Programme (PDF)
Fees provides full access to all talks and poster sessions, a digital abstract booklet, refreshments between sessions on both days, with an evening reception on the 29th March and lunch on the 30th.
When registering please indicate if you would like to present a poster.
- Early-bird fee: £30 per person (registration before 05/03/2023)
- Full-fee: £50 per person (registration closes: 20/03/2023)
Please note that refunds are not possible from the 16th March.
Poster abstract submission: Deadline: 05/03/2023
Send your poster abstract (word docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will confirm poster presentation following submission and by 06 March 2023 at the latest. Only abstracts from attendees who have already registered will be accepted.
Further information will be released in due course, but for further queries contact email@example.com
- Dr Daniel Payne (NIMS, Japan; The Open University, UK)
- Dr William Brittain (Durham University)
- Dr Liam Cox (University of Birmingham)
- Dr Paul Davies (University of Birmingham)
- Dr Richard Grainger (University of Birmingham)
- Professor Tony James (University of Bath)
We are very grateful for the generous support of our speakers and our sponsors who are listed below and have allowed us to keep participant costs down:
If your company of institution is interested in supporting this symposium then do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel and Accommodation
The symposium will be held at the University of Birmingham campus in Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK. The campus is located just south of the city and is readily accessible by Train (using the University train station which is less than 10 minutes from the main station Birmingham New Street).
Birmingham is readily accessible by rail (Birmingham New Street, Moor Street, Snow Hill stations are all central), air (from Birmingham Airport BHX, or via London airports), or road. See Getting here - Edgbaston Campus.
Accommodation can be found on campus at the Hotel or in the surrounding area. Hotels in the city centre are readily accessible as it is only a few minutes by train from the University to either Five Ways or New Street (trains run regularly).