The module introduces the principal techniques of:
- Geophysical exploration
- Seismic reflection and refraction
- Ground penetrating radar
- Gravity surveys
- Magnetic surveys
- Electrical methods - resistivity
It covers basic principles, applications and simple interpretation.
Aims: To develop an understanding of the principal methods of applied geophysics used to provide geological information.
- Maths skills
- Physics skills
- Seismic interpretation skills
- Graph plotting and reading
- Spreadsheet use and data manipulation