Performance of collaborative emergency management networks in Latin America
Supervisors:Dr. Louise Reardon and Dr. Timea Nochta
Collaborative network emergency management responses have garnered significant attention from scholars and international organizations as a promising approach to address crises effectively. Despite this, there remains an unanswered question about whether such networks are more effective than traditional Weberian hierarchies in the context of Latin America. To bridge this knowledge gap, this research project aims to empirically examine the factors influencing the performance of emergency networks and the variations among different networks in Latin America. By doing so, this project will contribute valuable insights to the academic debate on the performance of emergency management networks and offer practical guidance for policymakers and public administrators.
- MSc in Public Management and Policies, Universidad de Chile, 2020
- BSc in Public Administration, Universidad de Santiago, 2012
Camila Ramos-Fuenzalida is a doctoral student at the Institute of Local Government Studies at the University of Birmingham, she holds a Master's degree in Management and Public Policy from the University of Chile and a Bachelor's degree in Public Administration from the University of Santiago de Chile. With a rich background in research, she has actively contributed to six projects dedicated to the analysis of local government dynamics within the Chilean context.
Beyond her research pursuits, she has also served as a professor of public administration at the University of Santiago de Chile. Her primary academic interests revolve around the examination of local government dynamics, inter-municipal collaboration, governance network, emergency management network.
- 2020 Teaching assistant for the course “Thesis Seminar”, Master of Public Policy at Universidad de Chile.
- 2017 - 2020 Lecture for the courses “Introduction to Public Administration” and “Administrative Theory”, BA Public Administration, Universidad de Santiago de Chile.
- Governance network
- Network performance
- Local government studies
- Inter-municipal cooperation
- Emergency management
- Arias Yurisch, K., Retamal Soto, K., & Ramos Fuenzalida, C. (2022). Latin America facing the challenges of network governance”. Presented at XI International Congress on Government, Administration and Public Policies GIGAPP. Madrid, Spain, 21-23, 2022.
- Ramos, C. (2017) The challenges of collaborative networks as a new form of municipal management in Chile: case of the city-south association. Presented at XXII CLAD International Congress on State Reformation and Public Administration, Madrid, Spain, 14 - 17 Nov. 2017.
- Ramos, C. (2015) Decentralization policy in Chile between 1928-1958. Presented at VIII Chilean Congress of Public Administration, Rancagua, Chile, 4-6 Nov. 2015
- Ramos, C. (2012) Decentralization of the State between two Ibañez´s governments. Presented at Seminary of State and Territory, Santiago, Chile, 13 Jul. 2012
- Ramos, C., Arias, K., and Retamal, K (2023). Colaborar para Gobernar. Análisis del Caso de la Red de Gobernanza Intermunicipal de Respuesta a la Pandemia COVID-19 en Santiago de Chile. ISSN impreso: 0717-8980 ISSN en línea: 0717-6759, 109. -
- Retamal, K, Arias, K., and Ramos, C.(2023) Retamal-Soto, K., Arias-Yurisch, K., & Ramos-Fuenzalida, C. (2023). Inter-municipal governance networks: application of exponential random graph models in Los Lagos, Chile. Revista de Administração Pública, 57, e2022-0271.
- Co-author Arias Yurisch, K., Retamal Soto, K., & Ramos Fuenzalida, C. (2022). The prevalence of a bonding strategy in COVID-19 response networks: Explaining intermunicipal partnering in the Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile, SI, Regional Studies.
- Co-author Arias Yurisch, K., Retamal Soto, K., & Ramos Fuenzalida, C. (2020). Covid-19: Network Effectiveness of Intermunicipal Self-Organized Response in Chile. Transylvanian Review of Administrative Sciences, 16(SI), 5-23.
- Co-author Arias Yurisch, K., Retamal Soto, K., & Ramos Fuenzalida, C (2019). Inter-municipal cooperation in Latin America: current situation and future research challenges. Revista de Administração Pública, 53(3), 575.
- Co-author Arias, K., Retamal, K. y Ramos, C. (2017) Opening the Black Box of Municipal Association. Analysis of Intermunicipal Cooperation in Chile. Políticas Públicas, 10(2).