Socio-Legal Studies Association (SLSA) Postgraduate Conference 2015
- University of Birmingham
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Students
Every year the SLSA runs a conference for postgraduate students. This year the conference is being organised by Birmingham Law School, University of Birmingham. It is open to both members and non-members of the SLSA, and is FREE.
The draft programme is now available.
The conference will be run principally though small group workshops. Sessions will be led by leading socio-legal academics with an established research record and understanding of the University sector.
The conference is very informal, and one of its main aims is to encourage networking between postgraduate research students with an interest in socio-legal studies. There will be plenty of opportunities for discussions with other postgraduates, as well as with the facilitators. The topics covered in the conference workshops will include:
- Giving a conference paper
- Getting published
- Poster presentations
- Managing your supervisor
- Getting through your viva
- Academic job-hunting
- Research ethics
The conference organisers would be grateful if established staff could draw the attention of PhD students within their department to this event.
Deadline for bookings is Wednesday 10 December 2014.
- Download and print the booking form
- (Please note the only method of payment for the deposit we can accept is cheque. If someone writes a cheque on your behalf please write your name on the back of the cheque. While we ask for a cheque deposit to secure your place, all deposits will be returned to those who attend. This is to try and prevent people taking up a place and then not turning up.)
- Read the draft programme
For registration and booking queries, please contact Charlotte Gill: email@example.com
Queries relating to the workshops can be addressed to Dr Rosie Harding: firstname.lastname@example.org