CrossCurrents: Her Ensemble
- Elgar Concert Hall - Bramall Music Building
- Saturday 24 February 2024 (19:30-21:30)
Barber Evening Concert
Between a majestic sunrise and a blinding starburst, Her Ensemble opens CrossCurrents 2024 with a star-encrusted concert of music by women, performed by female and non-binary musicians. Errollyn Wallen’s Concerto Grosso places a spotlight on the extraordinary talent within the ensemble with dazzling step-out solos.
We’ll also hear the world premieres of two new works by Sasha Scott and Joanna Borrett. Sasha Scott’s piece, a CrossCurrents commission, follows her meteoric rise with commissions from the likes of Aurora Orchestra, BBC Concert Orchestra, and Beijing Music Festival Arts Foundation, and Joanna Borrett’s work will entwine classical and folk influences for string orchestra.
- Dobrinka Tabakova Dawn from Sun Triptych
- Errollyn Wallen Concerto Grosso
- Sasha Scott World premiere
- Joanna Borrett World premiere
- Jessie Montgomery Starburst