1. Xie, K. (2021): Embodying Middle Class Gender Aspirations: Perspectives from China’s Privileged Young Women. London. Palgrave Macmillan. 305 pp.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles:
1. Xie, K. (2021): The Affective Life of The Nanjing Massacre: Re-Activating Historical Trauma in Governing Contemporary China. Accepted for publication in: HAU: Journal of Ethnographic Theory. (publisher's declaration of acceptance enclosed)
2. Xie, K. *, Zhou, Y. (2021): The Cultural Politics of National Tragedies and Personal Sacrifices: State Narratives of China’s ‘Ordinary Heroes’ of The Covid-19 Pandemic. Accepted for publication in: Made in China Journal. 6(1), 24-29.
3. Xie, K. (2020): Chasing Happiness: The Role of Marriage in the Aspiration of Success among China’s Middle-Class Women. In: Romantic relationships in a time of “cold intimacies”, Eds. Carter, J., Arocha, L., (London: Palgrave Macmillan), 181-206.
4. Tu, M. *, Xie, K. (2020): Privileged Daughters? Gendered Mobility Among Highly Educated Chinese Female Migrants in the UK. Social Inclusion, 8(2), 68-76.
5. Xie, K. (2019): The Naturalisation of Motherhood Within Marriage and Its Implications for Chinese Academic Women. British Journal of Chinese Studies, 9 (1), 59 – 84.
6. Xie, K. (2018): Premarital abortion—What is the Harm? The Responsibilisation of Women’s Pregnancy Among China’s “Privileged” Daughters. British Journal of Chinese Studies, 8(1), 1-31.
1. Xie, K. *, Chung, A. B., Gwendolene, C. (2019): Toolkit for Integrating a Gender-Sensitive Approach into Research and Checklist, Interdisciplinary Research Centre for International Development at University of Warwick, August 2019. Available online.
2. Xie, K., (2018): A Balanced Life? Young Mothers under the Two-Child Policy. In the Women and Gender in China WAGIC Blog, April 2018.
3. Xie, K., (2017): “Her China Dream”: The Aspiration of China’s Privileged Daughters, Discover Society, DS48, September 2017. Available online.
4. Xie, K
., (2017): A Gendered Perspective on the Impact of Core Socialist Value on Chinese Women. ‘ジェンダーの視点からみる社会主義核心価値観による中国女性への影響’, Asia-Japan Women’s Resource Centre
‘女たちの21世紀’, No.92, December 2017, 38-39.
View all publications in research portal