In order to be eligible, you must have commenced your studies in September 2012 or later and not hold a qualification equal to or higher than the one you’re studying for (unless you are studying on certain science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) programmes and are from England or Wales). Additionally, if you’ve already received student finance for part of a course that you didn’t complete you’ll only be able to receive finance for the number of years of your course, less the number of years you’ve already had funding for.
You must maintain 25% intensity of a full-time undergraduate equivalent programme during your studies. This means you must study at least 30 credits per academic year.
You must also be resident in England for the duration of any part-time distance learning programme to qualify for financial support from Student Finance England including EU support.
The following University of Birmingham part-time programmes are eligible for an undergraduate part-time Tuition Fee Loan. Further courses may be added over time:
School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Foundation Degree Professional Golf Studies
- Advanced Certificate Golf Coaching (Tour Player)
- Advanced Certificate Golf Coaching
School of Chemical Engineering
- Certificate in Higher Education Food Safety & Food Legislation
School of Education
- University Certificate Autism Spectrum Disorders (Webautism)
- Advanced Certificate/BPhil Education of Leaners with Multi-Sensory Impairment (Deafness and Visual Impairment)
- Advanced Certificate/BPhil Autism (Adults/Children)
- Advanced Certificate/BPhil Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- Advanced Certificate/BPhil Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
- Advanced Certificate Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
Please note: Students who transfer from the Advanced Certificate onto the BPhil in the School of Education are only entitled to receive the loan if they have not accepted the Advanced Certificate qualification.