University of Birmingham Canada Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 11/06/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships of £2,500 for Canadian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2021.
These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Canada Law from Abroad (CLFA) and SI-UK Canada.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2021/22 academic year.
Value of Award
The scholarship awards are for £2,500 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2021. Students applying to LLB or LLM are not eligible due to the Law School scholarships, for additional information on these please click here.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2021. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme;
- Be classed as Canada domiciled.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship;
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK;
- Start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the scholarship award may not be deferred;
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Canada Law from Abroad (CLFA) and SI-UK Canada.
- Submit your scholarship application through one of our local representatives by the deadline; 11 June 2021.
- Upon enrolment in September 2021, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 11 June 2021. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit.
Only under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades) will applicants be asked to attend an interview via Skype.
Decisions will be announced in late June and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2021.
Successful scholarship awardees will need to accept by 2 July 2021.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representatives in Canada:
Canada Law from Abroad (CLFA)
Please contact CLFA to find an advisor near you
SI UK Canada
Suite 300, 150 KIng Street West
Toronto, M5H 1J9,
Funding, Graduation & Awards
+44 (0)121 414 7391