If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
1. Unless otherwise stated, competitions are only open to alumni of the University of Birmingham. An alumnus/alumna is defined for this purpose only as a former University of Birmingham Registered Student who has completed a programme of study.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason. Incorrectly completed, late or illegible entries will not be accepted.
4. Winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date.
5. The closing date is as specified in each competition.
6. If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The editors’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner may be required to participate in promotional activity and material. By entering the competition you agree to have your name released as the winner if required.
8. Prizes are not transferable to another person.
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
10. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
12. The University reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. We may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
13. We will endeavour to send prizes within one month of the competition closing date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
14. The Win a Working Wardrobe competition featured in the Graduate Guide, degree congregations brochure and on alumni social media accounts is open only to Class of 2014 graduates. Closing date for entries from July congregations was 8 August 2014, closing date for December congregations is 5 January 2015.
15. For parents of under-18s entering the Children's Corner competitions featured in Old Joe magazine: your child’s name and age will be recorded for the purposes of administering these competitions. Their details will not be passed on to any third party. We will use this information to further tailor our communication with you in future.
16. The Gun Barrels competition is open to both alumni and non-alumni and is to win two signs of dimensions 58 inches by 30 inches and 51 inches by 34 inches. This competition is open to UK residents only, and the prize will be delivered to an address in the UK.