Have you graduated from the University of Birmingham in the past two years? Are you looking for paid work experience? The University of Birmingham has received funding from Santander to work with exciting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), creating paid, full-time three-month placement opportunities. These pay £1,000 per month and provide the successful candidates with amazing opportunities to gain invaluable experience in a wide range of industry settings. If you would like to kick-start your career and build valuable experience fast, this is a great way to do it.
We are receiving details of new opportunities continuously and will provide the details on this page, as well as through our Careers Connect database: https://bham.targetconnect.net/leap/login.html.
Please remember to check back here regularly, to ensure that you don't miss any application deadlines.
- Central Project Manager – Graduate Internship with The Student Wordsmith, Loughborough (East Midlands) - (PDF - 111KB). The Student Wordsmith is looking for a successful candidate to come on board and assist the founder of the organisation in numerous tasks including project and event management, marketing and PR, design and production, and sales. This is a 3 month graduate internship paying £1000 per month, with a view to being possibly extended. Application deadline: 14 August 2015.
- Marketing Executive – Graduate Internship with Ingenin, Nottingham - (PDF - 108KB). Ingenin is a multi-award winning innovation consultancy focused on helping the insurance industry to use creative thinking, processes and techniques complemented with emerging and more established technologies to create compelling and innovative propositions for today’s constantly connected consumer. The Marketing Executive role will be focused on assisting in the planning and implementation of a marketing, digital and social media strategy to identify potential market opportunities. You will work alongside the Chief Executive on these strategies, which will afford unique insights and professional development. This is 3 month graduate internship, leading to a permanent post. Start ASAP.
- Quality Assurance – graduate internship with Click Travel, Birmingham City Centre - (PDF - 121KB). Our business is growing fast, and many important parts of the product need attention. You can help us to ensure the quality of our projects that make a real difference to our services. We are looking for enthusiastic, skilled students and postgrads with a passion for software and an ambition to go far. You are a rising Junior, Senior, or a grad student within Computer Science (or similar) whose eagle eyes do not miss a thing. Application deadline: ASAP.
- Marketing & Development Officer - graduate internship with Shop for Change, Birmingham (PDF - 122KB). This post would suit a marketing, PR and event organiser keen to develop their career. Duties include providing a marketing, PR and communications function for a well-established social enterprise that includes event management to promote and support their work delivering high quality business support to new and existing social businesses. Application deadline: interview stage.
- Resourcer – graduate internship with Precise Consultants based in London (PDF - 99KB). We are an offshore Hydrographic survey recruitment company, providing contractors to the oil and gas industry all over the globe. We are currently looking for a Resourcer to start immediately. Their main duties will be to resource for candidates on a contract and/or permanent basis for our clients within the Oil and Gas industry, Involvement in a dynamic industry at the forefront of the global economic agenda, The role has a global scope – communicating with clients and candidates across the world. This is a paid graduate internship, based in London. Apply ASAP for an Immediate start.
- Central Projects – graduate internship with Freshwinds, Birmingham (PDF - 101KB). Freshwinds is a charity on the brink of new and exciting projects due to some very significant new funding. To support in this new work, we are seeking a hardworking, bright and innovative individual who is able to work over a breadth and depth of subjects and is capable of significant multi-tasking to develop their skills and abilities through the experiences offered. Should the post-holder be an exceptional candidate, this position may lead to significant longer-term opportunities to progress throughout the charity. The main part of this role is to assist in the further development of the organisation and support the growth of the charity through a variety of activities. This is a paid internship, £15,307.50 per annum (pro rata). ASAP Start.
- Business Administration & Marketing – graduate internship with Precise Consultants in London (PDF - 131KB). We are seeking an enthusiastic, all-round office star to aid in the day-to-day running of our busy company. This is an internship position which offers the candidate great experience working within an exciting, niche recruitment company that is rapidly growing within its sector. The ideal candidate will have a positive, engaging manner and be consistently hardworking and proactive. Application deadline: ASAP
- Operations executive and software developer - graduate internship with Glide (PDF - 216KB). Glide makes bills simple for tenants and property businesses. We are currently offering two roles for students to join our team in the centre of Birmingham. Both of these positions are key roles giving excellent experience of working in either operations or software development. Application deadline: ASAP
- Digital Research - graduate internship with Seven League Ltd in London (PDF - 230KB). A digital media agency with a focus on sport, working with clients such as UEFA, UFC, Juventus, Green Bay Packers, BT Sport and many others improving their digital performance through analysis and creative solutions. The company was formed two years ago and consists of a small tight knit team based in our Shoreditch office. In October, the company will be moving to Islington. The successful candidate will learn from the existing team, have the opportunity to gain experience on campaign tasks and be given the room to develop within the business. This is a small friendly team with where everyone works together and helps each other so the scope of tasks will be broad. All training will be provided. Application deadline: 1 September 2015, but this will close a lot earlier if we receive an application from the right candidate!
- Unity Residential Care - Residential Care graduate internship (PDF - 213KB). Residential care three month graduate internship in Staffordshire / Shropshire, to lead to full-time. Residential Care Workers assist in the day-to-day care of the young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties, helping them with their personal care, health care, education and recreational activities. Your job will be to help keep the young people safe, support their learning and social activities, and help them develop. We are looking for graduates from social work or social care programmes who are especially interested in caring for children, and may even have some experience working with children, whether on a professional, volunteer, or family basis. We hope you will put your degree to work in helping to devise the best care and support programmes for our children. Degree requirements: Social Work or Social Care degree ideal, but other candidates with relevant experience will be considered - for example Psychology graduates. Application deadline: 31 December 2015 (this is a rolling opportunity - please apply ASAP!)
Samantha Sturley did a Santander-funded internship with Armada; read about her experiences.
Posted on Monday 28th July 2014