Have you graduated from the University of Birmingham in the past two years? Are you looking for paid work experience? The University of Birmingham has received funding from Santander to work with exciting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), creating paid, full-time three-month placement opportunities. These pay £1,000 per month and provide the successful candidates with amazing opportunities to gain invaluable experience in a wide range of industry settings. If you would like to kick-start your career and build valuable experience fast, this is a great way to do it.
We are receiving details of new opportunities continuously and will provide the details on this page, as well as through our Careers Connect database: https://bham.targetconnect.net/leap/login.html.
Please remember to check back here regularly, to ensure that you don't miss any application deadlines.
- Software Engineer Graduate Internship with Click Travel, Birmingham City Centre (PDF - 110KB). Our business is growing fast, and many important parts of the product need attention. You can help us with a project that makes a real difference to our service by working close to the core of the Spotify client. We’re looking for enthusiastic, skilled students and postgrads with a passion for software and an ambition to go far. You are a rising Junior, rising Senior, or a grad student working on your MS or PhD within Computer Science (or similar) who loves creating magic with code. Hacking away on your open source projects in your spare time or participating in programming competitions ranks just as high on your fun list as eating and sleeping. Application deadline: 1 July 2015.
- Marketing, Bids & Sales Graduate Internship with Click Travel, Birmingham City Centre (PDF - 110KB). Our business is growing fast, and many important parts of the product need attention To support the established internal marketing, bids and sales teams. Marketing – Assisting with the implementation of the marketing strategy; Bids – Support the delivery of responses/executive summaries to client RFI/RFPs within agreed deadlines; Sales – Work from and update Salesforce.com with prospect information and qualification data. Application deadline: 1 July 2015.
- Resourcer – Graduate Internship with Precise Consultants based in London (PDF - 99KB). We are an offshore Hydrographic survey recruitment company, providing contractors to the oil and gas industry all over the globe. We are currently looking for a Resourcer to start immediately. Their main duties will be to resource for candidates on a contract and/or permanent basis for our clients within the Oil and Gas industry, Involvement in a dynamic industry at the forefront of the global economic agenda, The role has a global scope – communicating with clients and candidates across the world. This is a paid graduate internship, based in London. Apply ASAP for an Immediate start.
- Central Projects – Graduate Internship with Freshwinds, Birmingham (PDF - 101KB). Freshwinds is a charity on the brink of new and exciting projects due to some very significant new funding. To support in this new work, we are seeking a hardworking, bright and innovative individual who is able to work over a breadth and depth of subjects and is capable of significant multi-tasking to develop their skills and abilities through the experiences offered. Should the post-holder be an exceptional candidate, this position may lead to significant longer-term opportunities to progress throughout the charity. The main part of this role is to assist in the further development of the organisation and support the growth of the charity through a variety of activities. This is a paid internship, £15,307.50 per annum (pro rata). ASAP Start.
- Training Co-ordinator Graduate Internship with Armada based in Bromsgrove, West Midlands (PDF - 100KB). 12 week internship with the possibility of becoming permanent . Are you a talented graduate seeking an exciting job to kick-start your career? Armada is looking for a high-calibre applicant to join our tight-knit team. We provide training courses in software applications such as Photoshop and AutoCAD to largely corporate clients. This role you will be working in a small team alongside the Director, so you get to make a big difference. This will suit a self-starter who is not afraid to work hard and get involved in all aspects of a growing business. Deadline: ASAP for an immediate start.
- Business Development Intern – Graduate Internship with Monkfeet, Westminster (PDF - 101KB). Monkfeet is an online platform that enables anyone with expertise or experience to easily create and deliver a class and for individuals and SMEs to find and learn the skills they need, instantly.We host a range of extraordinary experts who create and deliver highly valuable classes, either in physical classrooms or online. We are looking for a graduate intern to help develop our business. This will suit someone who is incredibly sharp and aware, has outstanding attention to detail, is capable of working very hard, is extremely confident, has a heightened sense of humour and gets that they’re part of a team. ASAP or June 2015 start
- Health Mentor - Graduate Internship with Evolve – A Social Impact Company in Birmingham (PDF - 102KB). Evolve: A Social Impact Company is a social enterprise that addresses key challenges facing society today. It does this by identifying authentic needs, creating innovative programmes and delivering sustainable and multi-award winning solutions.We are currently looking for Health Mentors to start in June 2015. Are you an outstanding role model who can inspire the next generation to lead healthier and more fulfilling lives? We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing and well-presented individuals who are flexible, reliable, motivated and possess a strong work ethic. This is a paid opportunity with a £15k to £18k starting salary. June 2015 start
- Business Administration & Marketing – Graduate Internship with Precise Consultants in London (PDF - 131KB). We are seeking an enthusiastic, all-round office star to aid in the day-to-day running of our busy company. This is an internship position which offers the candidate great experience working within an exciting, niche recruitment company that is rapidly growing within its sector. The ideal candidate will have a positive, engaging manner and be consistently hardworking and proactive. Feb/Mach 2015 start
- Junior Developer graduate internship with Reapit Recruitment (PDF - 212KB). We are currently looking for a developer to join our Projects Team in the Solihull office. The successful candidate will work within the existing development team and focus on a variety of project based development. Apply ASAP
- Operations executive and software developer internship with Glide (PDF - 216KB). Glide makes bills simple for tenants and property businesses. We are currently offering two roles for students to join our team in the centre of Birmingham. Both of these positions are key roles giving excellent experience of working in either operations or software development. Application deadline: 13 June 2015
- Operations Coordinator graduate internship with Katie Bard Recruitment (PDF - 230KB). Are you a 2:1 graduate seeking a new and exciting job to kick-start your career? Katie Bard is currently recruiting switched on, enthusiastic, and service-focused individuals to join our busy team in Birmingham city centre. If you love working with people, enjoy the fast pace of a thriving office environment, and are keen to be in control of your own career progression, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Start with us on our paid graduate internship programme and you could progress to our graduate programme as a full-time permanent member of staff. Application deadline: ASAP
- Digital research graduate internship with Seven League Ltd in London (PDF - 230KB). A digital media agency with a focus on sport, working with clients such as UEFA, UFC, Juventus, Green Bay Packers, BT Sport and many others improving their digital performance through analysis and creative solutions. The company was formed two years ago and consists of a small tight knit team based in our Shoreditch office. In October, the company will be moving to Islington. The successful candidate will learn from the existing team, have the opportunity to gain experience on campaign tasks and be given the room to develop within the business. This is a small friendly team with where everyone works together and helps each other so the scope of tasks will be broad. All training will be provided. Application deadline: 1 September 2015, but this will close a lot earlier if we receive an application from the right candidate!
- Social Media Marketing Analyst - Graduate Internship with Defence Security Systems in the West Midlands (PDF - 214KB). We need someone to come in and help promote a specific area of the business via social media. We would also want them to help with other marketing campaigns and help shape and develop our website. There is a need to have strong IT skills and knowledge about promoting businesses via the various social media sites. We would also need someone with good organisational skills, be personable/sociable and have some general business acumen. This is a graduate internship which will last for a period of 12 months. Please note that, due to the unique way in which this opportunity is funded, applications will only be considered from candidates who have graduated from the University of Birmingham in the last two years. Application deadline: 31 December 2014.
- Unity Residential Care - Residential Care graduate internship (PDF - 213KB). Residential care three month graduate internship in Staffordshire / Shropshire, to lead to full-time. Residential Care Workers assist in the day-to-day care of the young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties, helping them with their personal care, health care, education and recreational activities. Your job will be to help keep the young people safe, support their learning and social activities, and help them develop. We are looking for graduates from social work or social care programmes who are especially interested in caring for children, and may even have some experience working with children, whether on a professional, volunteer, or family basis. We hope you will put your degree to work in helping to devise the best care and support programmes for our children. Degree requirements: Social Work or Social Care degree ideal, but other candidates with relevant experience will be considered - for example Psychology graduates. Application deadline: 31 December 2015 (this is a rolling opportunity - please apply ASAP!)
- Website Designer graduate internship at Sutton Investment in Sutton Coldfield (PDF - 97KB). Sutton Investment are looking for a recent graduate to maintain their business website and undertake media marketing to help enhance their organisation. The company consists of a range of different business including retail stores (99p world, drinks direct, select & save, one shop) selling convenience lines and discounted items. The organisation has just opened a restaurant/diner called Kuku’s which is a new flame grilled take away/diner specialising in flavours from around the world. With an emphasis on healthy eating and stylish décor, Kuku’s is an exciting concept. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated and determined to get the message out there. A good team player with skills ideally in website development, Dreamweaver and Photoshop. Application deadline: Extended until March 2015.
Samantha Sturley did a Santander-funded internship with Armada; read about her experiences.
Posted on Monday 28th July 2014