Have you graduated from the University of Birmingham in the past two years? Are you looking for paid work experience? The University of Birmingham has received funding from Santander to work with exciting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), creating paid, full-time three-month placement opportunities. These pay £1,000 per month and provide the successful candidates with amazing opportunities to gain invaluable experience in a wide range of industry settings. If you would like to kick-start your career and build valuable experience fast, this is a great way to do it.
We are receiving details of new opportunities continuously and will provide the details on this page, as well as through our Careers Connect database: https://bham.targetconnect.net/leap/login.html.
Please remember to check back here regularly, to ensure that you don't miss any application deadlines.
- Graduate Training Co-ordinator with Armada Ltd in Bromsgrove (PDF - 102KB). Armada hosts and delivers creative and technical courses at their training centres in Bromsgrove, Reading and Milton Keynes, and at clients' venues throughout the UK. The organisation are seeking a dedicated professional to assist with all aspects of their training operation. The post holder will be expected to be involved with sales, marketing, administration, finance, course preparation and meeting and greeting clients. Applications are welcome from both final year students and graduates from any discipline. This is a 12 week internship with a possibility of a permanent position following this. Deadline 19 February 2016.
- Exercise and Mobility Instructor – Graduate Internship with Fitnniss in Birmingham (PDF - 106KB). Fitnniss deliver exercise and mobility classes to people within the care sector. The organisation works with with older adults, younger adults and children, people with dementia, those with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, visual impairment and mental health issues. The company also offer a massage therapy service to help relieve stress, anxiety, arthritis pain and water retention. Fitnniss are offering a UoB graduate the role of ‘Exercise and Mobility Instructor’ to deliver up to 25 hours exercise and mobility sessions a week to already existing care homes that they operate in. Applicants must have a sport / exercise / physiotherapy related degree as well as a full UK driving license and own transport. Deadline 21 February 2016.
- Junior Developer with Mednet Consult Ltd, Leeds (PDF - 114KB). Mednet is a healthcare communications and digital agency who inspire original healthcare solutions to improve patient outcomes. The organisation partners with the NHS, healthcare providers, third sector organisations and pharmaceutical life sciences, giving them unparalleled networks across the health sector. The role of Junior Developer will be to work as an integral part of their Product Development Team and assist to develop, enhance or maintain mobile and web solutions for high profile clients in the European healthcare industry, following an Agile methodology in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The role also involves developing and implementing new features into the WordPress website, as well as enhancing existing ones. Seeking graduates from a Computer Science or IT related discipline. Deadline 12 February 2016.
- Cloud, Hybrid and Desktop Technician with ServiceTeamIT in Edgbaston, Birmingham (PDF - 122KB). Service Team IT is a business change and technology consultancy passionate about improving how organisations work. The organisation are offering a UoB graduate the role of ‘Graduate IT Support Technician’ to provide first & second line support for all customer users. The Graduate IT Support Technician will be responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. This is a full time paid 12 week internship. Deadline 6 March 2016.
- Graduate Internships – Operations Executive and Software Developer, Glide (PDF - 92.9KB). Glide makes bills simple for tenants and property businesses. Glide delivers one simple monthly bill for all utilities and services, both for tenants in shared accommodation and wanting to pay only their share, and for businesses with a portfolio of rental properties who want to cut their admin. The organisation are looking for two graduate interns. One role is ‘Operations Executive’ which will involve talking to customers, liaising with suppliers and operating their financial and billing system. This internship is open to graduates from all disciplines, the individual must have communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to multitask and work efficiently and deliver in a fast paced environment. The second role open for applications is ‘Software Developer’, an opportunity to re-implement a web application in Symfony framework. Applicants must have degrees in either in Computer Science or Software and Engineering. Application deadline: 30 May 2016.
- Graduate Internships – Web Design / Marketing & Sales, The Adhere Creative Ltd, Shirley, Solihull (PDF - 155KB). Adhere is a dynamic, small but fast growing tech business that builds innovative websites and web based applications for a diverse client base ranging from local Birmingham start-ups to top high street brands. There are potentially 4 graduate internships available within Adhere, these include; ‘Web and graphic design & illustration’, ‘Creative Marketing, Content writing and Social media’, ‘Website and Webb App Developer’ and ‘Sales and Marketing Co-ordinator’. Adhere welcome bright, creative, talented, hardworking and enthusiastic applicants regardless of their degree subject. While these roles are initially three month paid internships, outstanding candidates may be offered the opportunity to apply for a permanent position at the end of their internship. Application deadline: June 2016
- UK Sepsis Trust, Birmingham – Social Media & Website Graduate Internship (PDF - 107KB). The UK Sepsis Trust was founded in 2012 by a world leader in Sepsis, NHS consultant Dr Ron Daniels. Since then the charity has expanded rapidly and continues to grow at a remarkable pace. We are currently looking for a graduate intern to review, develop and implement our social media strategy and communications across all SoME platforms. In addition, to integrate into our website and update news/media sections, develop internal PR processes and have Involvement in Trust Marketing and Design. This is an initial 3 month internship, but there is scope to go beyond this. We are looking for an immediate start.
- Trainee Quantity Surveyor Graduate Internship with Bath Property Maintenance Ltd, Bath - (PDF - 113KB). We are a fast growing construction SME based in Bath with a focus on innovation & developing our sector. We offer a comprehensive property maintenance service to domestic and commercial clients in the South West, with teams of specialists in trades such as carpentry, roofing, plumbing, gas, electrical, glazing, decorating, drainage and mechanical. Within the role you would work closely within the Director & Operations Manager (who are both experienced surveyors) to assess work requirements, estimate timescales and calculate quotations & tenders. Application deadline: 1 March 2016.
- Unity Residential Care - Residential Care graduate internship (PDF - 213KB). Residential care three month graduate internship in Staffordshire / Shropshire, to lead to full-time. Residential Care Workers assist in the day-to-day care of the young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties, helping them with their personal care, health care, education and recreational activities. Your job will be to help keep the young people safe, support their learning and social activities, and help them develop. We are looking for graduates from social work or social care programmes who are especially interested in caring for children, and may even have some experience working with children, whether on a professional, volunteer, or family basis. We hope you will put your degree to work in helping to devise the best care and support programmes for our children. Degree requirements: Social Work or Social Care degree ideal, but other candidates with relevant experience will be considered - for example Psychology graduates. Application deadline: (this is a rolling opportunity - please apply ASAP!)
Samantha Sturley did a Santander-funded internship with Armada; read about her experiences.
Posted on Monday 12th October 2015