Have you graduated from the University of Birmingham in the past two years? Are you looking for paid work experience? The University of Birmingham has received funding from Santander to work with exciting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), creating paid, full-time three-month placement opportunities. These pay £1,000 per month and provide the successful candidates with amazing opportunities to gain invaluable experience in a wide range of industry settings. If you would like to kick-start your career and build valuable experience fast, this is a great way to do it.
We are receiving details of new opportunities continuously and will provide the details on this page, as well as through our Careers Connect database: https://bham.targetconnect.net/leap/login.html.
Please remember to check back here regularly, to ensure that you don't miss any application deadlines.
- Marketing Graduate Intern, Capricorn Blinds Ltd (PDF - 136KB). Capricorn Blinds Ltd has been established for over 25 years and is a professional supplier, manufacturer and installer of a wide range of blinds, curtains and shading products. The organisation is looking for a marketing intern to help build and design their website, load content and also help to assist with the launch of 3 new e-commerce sites. Deadline 31 May 2016.
- Sales and Marketing Assistant, Orson Equipment Ltd (PDF - 120KB). Orson Equipment Ltd manufacture classic car components and sub-contract machine services. The organisation have manufactured parts for Bugatti, Jaguar, Mercedes and many more! The organisation are looking for an intern to help create a sales and marketing strategy. The position is open to final year students and graduates from all disciplines and would suit an energetic, customer focused individual with excellent communication skills. Deadline 20 June 2016.
- Business and Marketing Intern, Ashley Community & Housing Ltd, Birmingham (PDF - 116KB). Ashley Community Housing (ACH) is a fast-growing social enterprise committed to creating transformative change. ACH is recruiting a Business and Marketing Intern to support its work across key partnerships, furthering its impact and developing its reputation as a leading provider of specialist housing and training services. This is an opportunity to work within an ambitious organisation, focused on delivering its business targets while operating within complex, changing and sometimes challenging environment to deliver its social goals. You will be guided by structured goals & objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects. We will support you throughout the internship to ensure you make the best of your ACH experience. Your manager will offer coaching and mentoring to help you succeed. Deadline: apply ASAP.
- Digital Marketing Internship, Fire Safety Managers Ltd, Birmingham (PDF - 107KB). Fire Safety Managers Ltd is a Social Enterprise that donates 100% profits into the business and community through worthwhile causes. The organisation are looking for an intern to help improve their presence in the industry and the world of the internet. In addition the intern may be assisting on other marketing projects such as designing flyers, email campaigns, adding products to online store etc. The role is open to final year students and recent graduates from all disciplines. Deadline 26 June 2016.
- Software Developer Graduate Internship, GENEO, Leamington Spa (PDF - 130KB). GENEO Consulting Limited is a company with a team of dynamic and vibrant Lean and Operational Excellence experts and enthusiasts, with experience in a wide range of sectors. The organisation are looking to recruit 3 graduates to undertake the role of ‘Software Developer’ where you will be encouraged to contribute to every stage of the Software Development Lifecycle. You will be actively involved in daily ‘standup’ meetings in which we cover, amongst other things, the business priorities as and when they change and progress against our plan. You should be positive and proactive, and we want you to feel empowered to introduce your own fresh ideas into the mix. You should have a passion for writing good quality, reusable and extensible code, be open to critical code reviews and pair programming with other developers within the team. Apply ASAP.
- Water Science Intern with Datatecnics, Birmingham (PDF - 140KB). Datatecnics is currently developing a series of innovative water purification systems. Targeted at a numerous sectors, they will utilise advanced AOP, nanotechnology, intelligent automation and proprietary techniques to become highly compelling propositions within the wastewater reclamation markets. The organisation are currently seeking graduate interns who can assist in Datatecnics rapidly fulfilling this vision. This requires thinkers who want to develop new ways of water purification and doers who want to see their ideas through to completion. Therefore the successful candidates will be passionate about innovation, environmental sciences and new water purification methods. Deadline: 1 September 2016.
- Graduate Internship with Porterhouse Medical, Reading (PDF - 107KB). Porterhouse Medical Ltd is an expanding medical communications agency based in Reading and serving clients around the world. The company6 provide a variety of services for the pharmaceutical industry, including strategic consultancy, production of medical education materials and organisation of scientific meetings. We are offering a 12-week internship for bright life-science graduates with a passion for science and communication. The successful candidate will benefit from the opportunity of experiencing first-hand the workings of a successful medical communications agency. In addition to gaining experience of some industry-specific tools and processes, and generally providing support to our medical writers and account managers, the intern will be given their own project to undertake, guided by a member of our team. Deadline: Ongoing apply ASAP.
- Junior Developer with Mednet Consult Ltd, Leeds (PDF - 114KB). Mednet is a healthcare communications and digital agency who inspire original healthcare solutions to improve patient outcomes. The organisation partners with the NHS, healthcare providers, third sector organisations and pharmaceutical life sciences, giving them unparalleled networks across the health sector. The role of Junior Developer will be to work as an integral part of their Product Development Team and assist to develop, enhance or maintain mobile and web solutions for high profile clients in the European healthcare industry, following an Agile methodology in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The role also involves developing and implementing new features into the WordPress website, as well as enhancing existing ones. Seeking graduates from a Computer Science or IT related discipline. Deadline 31 May 2016.
- Business Development Manager (PDF - 106KB) / Graduate IT Support Technician (PDF - 127KB) with ServiceTeamIT in Edgbaston, Birmingham. ServiceTeamIt is a business change and technology consultancy passionate about improving how organisations work. The organisation’s enablers are the very latest solutions from some of the most trusted names in Technology brought to life by a dedicated team of professionals. There are two graduate roles open for applications. The first is for a ‘Business Development Manager’, the role will require an individual to sell effectively to UK public & private sector clients. The second opportunity is for a ‘Graduate IT Support Technician’ to effectively co-ordinate support & manage a number of sizeable customers. For full descriptions see the links above. Deadline 21 June 2016.
- Graduate Internships – Operations Executive and Software Developer, Glide (PDF - 92.9KB). Glide makes bills simple for tenants and property businesses. Glide delivers one simple monthly bill for all utilities and services, both for tenants in shared accommodation and wanting to pay only their share, and for businesses with a portfolio of rental properties who want to cut their admin. The organisation are looking for two graduate interns. One role is ‘Operations Executive’ which will involve talking to customers, liaising with suppliers and operating their financial and billing system. This internship is open to graduates from all disciplines, the individual must have communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to multitask and work efficiently and deliver in a fast paced environment. The second role open for applications is ‘Software Developer’, an opportunity to re-implement a web application in Symfony framework. Applicants must have degrees in either in Computer Science or Software and Engineering. Application deadline: 30 May 2016.
- Graduate Internships – Web Design / Marketing & Sales, The Adhere Creative Ltd, Shirley, Solihull (PDF - 155KB). Adhere is a dynamic, small but fast growing tech business that builds innovative websites and web based applications for a diverse client base ranging from local Birmingham start-ups to top high street brands. There are potentially 4 graduate internships available within Adhere, these include; ‘Web and graphic design & illustration’, ‘Creative Marketing, Content writing and Social media’, ‘Website and Webb App Developer’ and ‘Sales and Marketing Co-ordinator’. Adhere welcome bright, creative, talented, hardworking and enthusiastic applicants regardless of their degree subject. While these roles are initially three month paid internships, outstanding candidates may be offered the opportunity to apply for a permanent position at the end of their internship. Application deadline: Ongoing.
- Unity Residential Care - Residential Care graduate internship (PDF - 213KB). Residential care three month graduate internship in Staffordshire / Shropshire, to lead to full-time. Residential Care Workers assist in the day-to-day care of the young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties, helping them with their personal care, health care, education and recreational activities. Your job will be to help keep the young people safe, support their learning and social activities, and help them develop. We are looking for graduates from social work or social care programmes who are especially interested in caring for children, and may even have some experience working with children, whether on a professional, volunteer, or family basis. We hope you will put your degree to work in helping to devise the best care and support programmes for our children. Degree requirements: Social Work or Social Care degree ideal, but other candidates with relevant experience will be considered - for example Psychology graduates. Application deadline: (this is a rolling opportunity - please apply ASAP!)
Samantha Sturley did a Santander-funded internship with Armada; read about her experiences.
Posted on Monday 12th October 2015