This course comprises 8 assessed taught modules and 2 assignment modules which consolidate the taught learning. MSc students also undertake a research project attracting the final 60 credits.
- Strategic Management of Railway Operations – 10 credits (compulsory for PGCert)
- Railway Rolling Stock Systems Design – 10 credits
- Railway Traction Systems Design – 10 credits
- Systems Engineering & Integration for Dependability – 10 credits
- Railway Infrastructure and Track Systems – 10 credits
- Railway Control Systems Engineering – 10 credits
- Railway Business Management – 10 credits
- Ergonomics and Human Factors for Railways – 10 credits
- Railway Systems for Synthesis assignment based modules – 2 x 20 credits (one module is compulsory for PGCert)
- Individual research project – 60 credits
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to keep them up-to-date, which may require changes to module content. Also, key members of staff may leave the University and this necessitates a review of the modules that are offered. Where the module is no longer available we will let you know as soon as we can and help you make other choices.