A 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject (eg, Computer Science or a closely related discipline) or international equivalent in Computer Science or a closely related discipline. A solid foundation in programming and knowledge of data structures and algorithms, in particular, knowledge of object-oriented programming will be a strong asset. Students who have not studied in English must pass a recognised English test.
Learn more about entry requirements .
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries – learn more about international entry requirements.
Standard English language requirements apply.
We want to recruit students with intellectual curiosity who want to develop their skills in analysing the security vulnerabilities of systems and designing secure systems. To join this programme, you should:
- enjoy thinking about systems the way an attacker would
- be capable of logical thinking, to design systems that avoid security flaws
- enjoy programming (preferably in object-oriented languages)
- be capable of working hard on difficult projects
- be willing and able to contribute to group work
- have the ability to set your own goals and manage your time
- be self-critical and be able to evaluate your own performance fairly
- have good communication skills and be able to explain your ideas in presentations and in writing