You will study three core modules and three optional modules, and complete a dissertation. Unless indicated otherwise the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2022.
Second Language Teaching Methodology
This module will give you a strong grounding in classroom methodology and course design. You will create your own teaching and learning materials.
Second Language Learning
The Second Language Learning module will introduce you to research in language learning and teaching. You will learn about theory and evidence in second language learning.
This module will introduce you to practitioner research, with seminars focussing on TESOL research.
Optional Modules (Subject to availability)
- Language, Discourse and Society
- Curriculum Design in Global Contexts
- Citizenship, Human Rights and the Environment
- Personal and Professional Skills for Education Management
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Education as an International Issue
- Special Educational Needs of Children with Autism
- Educational Practices for Social Justice and Equity
- Understanding School Improvement
Dissertation (MSc only)
You will investigate a TESOL topic of your choice. With the help of your supervisor, you will design your own research project, and write a dissertation.
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.