You will study three core modules and three optional modules, and complete a dissertation.
Second Language Teaching Methodology
This module will give you a strong grounding in classroom methodology and course design. You will create your own teaching and learning materials.
Second Language Learning
The Second Language Learning module will introduce you to research in language learning and teaching. You will learn about theory and evidence in second language learning.
This module will introduce you to practitioner research, with seminars focussing on TESOL research.
Optional Modules (Subject to availability)
- Language, Discourse and Society
- Education Observation, Evaluation and Supervision
- Curriculum Design in Global Contexts
- Citizenship, Human Rights and the Environment
- Personal and Professional Skills for Education Management
- Leadership for School Improvement
- Education as an International Issue
- Special Educational Needs of Children with Autism
- Educational Practices for Social Justice and Equity
- Understanding School Improvement
The modules listed on our website may be subject to change. If a module is no longer available, we will inform you and offer you alternatives.
Dissertation (MSc only)
You will investigate a TESOL topic of your choice. With the help of your supervisor, you will design your own research project, and write a dissertation.