The MSc Pharmaceutical Enterprise programme is delivered by experts in the field, many with on-going experience of the sector; and this ensures the programme maintains relevance in this fast moving industry.
The interactive teaching equips you with the medical, scientific, regulatory and business skills to achieve success. Internships and consultancy project opportunities arising from associated SME companies offer highly prized ‘real life’ experiences.
The MSc Pharmaceutical Enterprise programme aims to provide you with a toolbox of skills to enable you to:
- select, develop and commercialise projects with therapeutic potential
- create, seek funding and take leading executive roles in companies to exploit the commercial potential of projects in a spin-out/SME environment
Why study this course
- This programme is delivered by high calibre practitioners (business, research and teaching) who are experts in their field.
- Practitioners include those with experience of executive roles in SME pharmaceutical companies including the Programme Director, Professor Nicholas Barnes, who is the Principle Founder and CEO of Celentyx Ltd, a successful venture capital backed pharmaceutical company. He is also Professor of Neuropharmacology at the University of Birmingham.
- The University has strong links to several large and SME pharmaceutical companies and has a successful track record in translational medicine and commercialisation facilitated by the External Commercialisation Board (www.birmingham.ac.uk/mds-ecb); members of which contribute to the MSc Pharmaceutical Enterprise programme.
Please note: programmes evolve continually to keep them up to date so please check the website regularly for any changes
Fees and funding
2014/15 course fees
MSc - £9630, PGDip - £6420
Self funding students can choose to pay in instalments by direct debit.
Learn more about fees and funding.
International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government. Visit our website for information about scholarships for international students.
For information about all Home/EU and International funding opportunities please visit the Postgraduate Funding Database.
For other funding queries contact the School directly or get in touch with the Student Funding Office via the online enquiries system.
You will need a relevant degree with at least a 2:1 or equivalent to enter this programme. This can include a business or science based degree.
We accept a range of qualifications, our country pages show you what qualifications we accept from your country.
English language requirements
You can satisfy our English language requirements in two ways:
English to IELTS 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.5 in each component).
How to apply
When clicking on the Apply Now button you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the programme you wish to apply for where you will create an account with the University application system and submit your application and supporting documents online. Further information regarding how to apply online can be found on the How to apply pages