This course is aimed at students who will have obtained at least a good undergraduate degree (at least 2:1 or equivalent) in Psychology or related discipline, plus a 2:1 research dissertation, and wish to extend their understanding of Psychology, to become better prepared for a quality employment situation, or to aim for a further degree.
We request that your personal statement (approx. 400 words) describes your:
1. Research experience: Mention any projects completed for your undergraduate degree and any projects you have worked on as a volunteer or paid research assistant.
Be sure to mention:
- Details of research methods and methods of data collection used
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques used
- Participant groups
- Areas of research
2. Research interests: Describe your short-term research interests and future research/career plans. Explain how a place on this course will help you to achieve these plans.
Please include details of:
- Research methods and analysis techniques that you would like to use or develop as a Masters student
- Describe your research interests and explain how they fit with the areas of research expertise in the School of Psychology. Be sure to state the names of academics within the School that, given the opportunity, you would like to work with. If possible, indicate more than one research interest and indicate your preference for each of them.
Examples of research interests in the School can be found on the following webpages:
Learn more about entry requirements
We accept a range of qualifications, our country pages show you what qualifications we accept from your country.
English language requirements
You can satisfy our English language requirements in two ways: