Altrusa Careers Trust
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Ireland, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
The aim of the Trust is to enable those without access to financial support in the UK and Ireland to improve their career prospects. The Altrusa Careers Trust gives grants to those who are struggling to gain qualifications by assisting with tuition fees and/or child care. These qualifications will enable them to secure jobs which will provide sufficient income to support them and their families.
Value of Award
Once a year the Trustees of ACT assess the application forms which must be submitted by the last working day of March. The successful applicants usually receive a grant to a maximum of £500.
You can apply if -
- You are permanently resident in the UK or the Republic of Ireland.
- You are in the process of training or planning to improve your career prospects.
- You are not a school leaver or PhD applicant.
- You need help with tuition fees or child care.
How to Apply
Submit our standard form by 31st March to the Registered Office. Successful applicants will be notified in the May of that year. If you have not heard from us by the 30th May you have been unsucessful. We only inform successful applicants.
2016-17 applications will be considered in April 2017 for awards in July 2017. We do not accept applications during the month of April.
Any monies awarded will be paid by the Trust directly to the College, Nursery, etc or directly to the supplier. Monies will NOT be paid to the applicant.