AHRC Funding through the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, African Studies, American and Canadian Studies, Antiquity, Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Drama and Theatre Arts, English Language and Linguistics, English Literature, Film and Creative Writing, Heritage, History, History of Art, Law, Modern Languages and Cultures, Music, Philosophy, Theology and Religion, Geography, Education
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Research Council
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 16/01/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Through the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership, the University of Birmingham was one of six institutions offering up to 87 Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) funded PhD studentships for 2017 entry.
Applications closed on Monday January 16 2017. This page is now provided for information only.
Value of Award
A full-time studentship awards consist of three parts:
- Payment of approved fees (as set and agreed by the Research Councils) – currently £4,121p.a. for 2016.
- Maintenance grant (or stipend) for the student – currently £14,296p.a. for 2016 entry.
- Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) which includes UK / Overseas fieldwork and attendance at conferences (by application only for current PhD students)
Please refer to the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership website.
How to Apply
Please refer to our application page