Alderman Newton’s Educational Foundation (Leicester)
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Drama and Theatre Arts, Music, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Foundation provides grants for educational and vocational training activities to persons in need of financial assistance, who are under the age of 25 years and who are, or one or more of their parents are, normally resident in the Diocese of Leicester.
Value of Award
To apply for a grant from this scheme you must be:
- under the age of 25 years
- able to demonstrate that you are in need of financial assistance
- either you or one of your parents must be resident in the Diocese of Leicester*. If you are living in the Diocese independently, you must have lived here for a reasonable amount of time (usually, a minimum of two years) in order to qualify for a grant.
*The Diocese of Leicester includes the City of Leicester and most of the County of Leicestershire. You can check whether you live in the Diocese by visiting http://www.achurchnearyou.com/ and entering your postcode in the Parish Finder.
Unfortunately, the following are not eligible:
- people resident in Leicester/Leicestershire only for the purposes of study (ie. with a main/parental home elsewhere)
- those classed as overseas students by the educational establishment at which they are studying (with the exception of refugees/asylum seekers who have leave to remain in the UK, and who otherwise meet the residency criteria).
How to Apply
Please apply at least 3 months in advance of your course start date. You must submit a completed application form for individuals. Please read the Guidance Notes carefully before you complete the form.
For more information please visit the website: http://anef.org.uk