Hudswell International Research Scholarship: Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
The late P.S. Hudswell, a former IET member, left a substantial bequest to provide awards in support of research undertaken by members in the fields of electrical, electronic or manufacturing engineering, to assist IET members with research work leading to the award of a doctorate.
Value of Award
- The research programme must be undertaken outside the applicant’s home country. Applicants must be in the first or second year of the research programme.
- Postgraduate awards are for members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Applicants do not need to be professionally registered engineers, but they must satisfy the educational requirements for Registration as either a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Applicants must have achieved at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their first degree
- The scholarships are intended to reward excellence rather than alleviate financial hardship. An IET Postgraduate scholarship may be held in addition to a Student Loan/EPSRC grant, or similar, and company bursaries.
- The postgraduate research must have started prior to submitting an application; MSc courses are not eligible
- A reference will need to be sent independently by the referee
- Awarded on a competitive basis, applications are assessed by the Scholarships Committee
- Applicants do not need to apply for a specific scholarship. The Committee will consider applicants for all scholarships for which they meet the eligibility requirements
- Candidates may not be in receipt of any other IET Scholarship or Grant
- Successful applicants are not allowed to make a repeat application.
How to Apply
Please visit the organisations's website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005