IET Postgraduate Scholarship
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters
- Subject area
- Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
To assist IET members in undertaking postgraduate research in the UK.
The IET Postgraduate Scholarships aim to encourage excellence in engineering research at universities in the United Kingdom.
These scholarships are financed from bequests given to the IET by the late P.S. Hudswell (a former member of the IET) who left a substantial bequest to assist members with research, and the late Joseph William Beauchamp, who left a bequest to assist members with their education.
Two scholarships are available each year. They are worth a maximum of £2,500 each and are tenable for one year.
Value of Award
Two awards of £2,500
- Postgraduate awards are for members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Applicants do not need to be professionally registered engineers, but they must satisfy the educational requirements for Registration as either a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Applicants must have achieved at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their first degree
- The scholarships are intended to reward excellence rather than alleviate financial hardship. An IET Postgraduate scholarship may be held in addition to a Student Loan/EPSRC grant, or similar, and company bursaries.
- The postgraduate research must have started prior to submitting an application; MSc courses are not eligible
- A reference will need to be sent independently by the referee
- Awarded on a competitive basis, applications are assessed by the Scholarships Committee
- Applicants do not need to apply for a specific scholarship. The Committee will consider applicants for all scholarships for which they meet the eligibility requirements
- Candidates may not be in receipt of any other IET Scholarship or Grant
- Successful applicants are not allowed to make a repeat application.
How to Apply
Application details are available on the organisation's website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005