Santander & University of Birmingham Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
In partnership with Banco Santander, the University of Birmingham is delighted to offer postgraduate scholarships to outstanding candidates from Latin America and USA.
Value of Award
We will be offering a range of scholarships worth between £5,000 and £10,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters programme (taught or research). These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living costs.
Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a good 2:1/Upper Second Class or equivalent Bachelors degree as a minimum.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply, candidates must:
- be a national of, and domiciled in, one of the following countries:
Argentina; Bolivia; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Paraguay; Peru; Puerto Rico; Uruguay; USA; Venezuela. Priority will be given to students graduating from the Santander Universities network in Latin America or USA;
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham;
- be overseas for fee purposes;
- be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
Applications will open on 1 December 2016 and will close on 31 March 2017.
How to Apply
To find out more about how to apply, please review our application procedures.
Funding, Graduation & Awards
+44 (0)121 414 7391