- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters
- Subject area
- Heritage, History
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 13/10/2017
UACES is the academic association for Contemporary European Studies. It is a membership organisation for academics, students and practitioners who are interested in all aspects of Europe and the European Union.
The Scholarship money is ONLY available to pay for:
travel to and from your research destination
accommodation at your destination
food at your destination
local transport at your destination
All other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Scholar.
Value of Award
£1500 travel bursaries designed to provide mobility to existing postgraduate students so that they can undertake research in another country.
To be considered, your application must satisfy ALL of the eligibility criteria.
- You must be a UACES member (Student or Individual) - please note that membership of the EuroResearch email list or the UACES Student Forum does not constitute membership of UACES;
- Your research project must be in the 'Contemporary European Studies' subject area (we define 'Contemporary' as post-WW2, and 'European Studies', as typically, but not exclusively, an aspect of European Integration or related areas);
- You must be a postgraduate student (typically a PhD student; possibly other postgraduate courses that have a very strong research component);
- Scholarship funds must be used for field work that occurs between 1 February 2017 and 31 July 2017 (applications for trips outside of these dates will not be considered).
There is no restriction on nationality.
How to Apply
Application forms can be found on the UACES website. Applications are open from 1st September 2017.