Student finance contacts

When you study at the University we want to make sure that you do not face financial hardship. The University offers a range of financial support and guidance for you while you are studying here.

Where to go for money advice and support

There are a number of services in the University that offer financial support and advice, from debt management to paying your tuition and accommodation fees.

Advice on student funding...

The Student Funding Office provides information and advice about financial support available for students.

What we do

  • We provide information about a range of government grants, student loans and other allowances
  • We administer a range of centrally managed bursaries, scholarships and prizes
  • We also administer hardship fund applications (ALF)

Contact us

Advice on tuition fees...

The Finance Office monitors and collects all your tuition and accommodation payments.

What we do

  • We encourage you to pay and raise payment queries online
  • We offer a variety of payment options
  • We ensure fees are collected within timescales prescribed by University regulations
  • We provide a Cashiers Counter for cash payments

Contact us

Personal financial advice and representation...

Guild Advice offers free, impartial and confidential information, advice and representation on a full range of student issues including finance.

What we do

  • Staff on the Guild Advice helpdesk act as a first port of call for all students seeking advice and guidance
  • We signpost students towards the best help in each individual case
  • We help you to get the best out of your time at the University

Contact us

Financial advice for international students...

The International Student Advisory Service provides support and advice - including financial - to international students.

What we do 

  • We give details on opening a bank account and typical UK living expenses
  • We provide information on the sources of financial support available an signpost to relevant services
  • We provide guidance on immigration regulations and visa restrictions on working in the UK

Contact us

Advice on accommodation fees...

Hospitality and Accommodation Services (HAS) offer safe and informal student accommodation to suit your budget.

What we do

  • We provide details on University owned accommodation and current fees
  • We will answer your queries regarding residence fees and accommodation meal plans
  • We will clarify any points regarding your University accommodation contract

Contact us

General advice and enquiries...

Enquiry Services provides front-of-house support for all students at the University.

What we do

  • We act as an interface for a wide range of enquiries
  • We will answer your queries regarding the amount of tuition fees you have been charged
  • We also take payments for replacement ID cards, transcripts, overseas re-sit fees, discipline fees and thesis resubmission fees

Contact us

Advice from external contacts...

Student Finance England

The Money Advice Service

Research Councils UK

UKCISA - for international students

NASMA - National Association of Student Money Advisors (student section)