Black Country History Day
- Arts building, Large Lecture Theatre
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research, Students, Teaching
Following the popularity of previous events, the Black Country Society, together with the Centre for West Midlands History at the University of Birmingham, is organising this eighth day school which is designed for anyone interested in the history of the area.
The Black Country Society promotes interest in the past, present and future of the Black Country.
- 10:00 Introduction, Dr Malcolm Dick
- 10:10 The Work of Local Building Preservation Trusts, Robert Tolley
- 11:10 Break
- 11:30 ‘Out of the darkness’ – an Introduction to Mining in the Black Country, Graham Worton
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:20 Black Country People in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Dr Mark Curthoys
- 2:20 Break
- 2:40 An Explorer of Black Country History: James P. Jones and the Wolverhampton Archaeological Society, Gill Alleeson
- 3:40 Questions and discussion, led by Dr Malcolm Dick
- 4:00 Finish