The School of Physics and Astronomy welcomes applicants for UK and EU postdoctoral Fellowships, in all of the School's research areas.
From the list of fellowships and awards below you will be able to discover what levels of funding are available and their eligibility criteria.
The School of Physics and Astronomy has a successful track record of hosting postdoctoral fellows. We also welcome enquiries from international postdoctoral fellows with secured funding from other agencies.
Applicants should contact members of staff in the school to seek support before making an application. If you are unsure about who to contact, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the area of research in which you are interested and we will redirect your enquiry to a member of staff in the nearest research area.
If successful you will have the following benefits
- You will have access to support and guidance provided by a mentor as well as other academic and administrative research staff. You will be able to engage with colleagues conducting interdisciplinary research.
- You will be able network and attend events in the School of Physics & Astronomy and more widely across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences and the University.
- We hold regular whole-school events and seminars with frequent participation of a range of stakeholders and visiting academics
- You will also have opportunities to present your research in School research groups and seminars, and to contribute to the outputs of the School’s research and impact agendas
- Postdoctoral Fellows have access to a wide range of public lectures and seminars across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences and the University
- You will receive expert support in the preparation of grant applications during your Postdoctoral Fellowship
- You will be able to take advantage of the comprehensive range of training courses offered to research staff, aimed at maximising your career building potential