National Scholarship Fund for teachers and SEN support staff
National Scholarship Fund for Teachers
Applications for the third round of the National Scholarship Fund (NSF) for teachers will open on 8 April 2013 The aim of the fund is to provide an opportunity for teachers to deepen their specialist or subject knowledge. It is anticipated that this will also lead to the sharing of learning, knowledge and expertise across the school system.
The third round will focus on four priority areas:
- special education needs and disabilities (SEN/D)
Download the Handbook for National Scholarship Fund for Teachers
The Application form will be available from 8 April on the National Scholarship Fund for teachers DfE webpage
National Scholarship Fund for SEN Support Staff
The second round of the National Scholarship Fund for SEN support staff will also open on 8 April 2013.
It's aims are:
- Foster high expectations of those working to support disabled pupils and pupils with SEN in the classroom.
- Strengthen knowledge and understanding of SEN and disability, both in support staff and across the school.
- Open up career opportunities for SEN support staff and enable them to have more control of their careers.
- Share learning, knowledge and expertise across the school system.
- Bring about a culture change to create expectations within the sector about the importance of scholarship throughout a support staff’s career.
SEN staff must have obtained a full level 3 qualification. and hold higher level teaching assistant (HLTA) status.
The Application form will be available from 8 April on the National Scholarship Fund for SEN support staff DfE webpage
Download the National Scholarship Fund for SEN support staff handbook
All applicants for both schemes must read the accompanying handbooks before completing the form. It is also essential that you have all the information to hand before you start to complete the application because the form cannot be saved and will need to be completed in one sitting. It is recommended that you prepare your answers in a separate document ready to cut and paste into the form.
The deadline for all completed applications is midnight on 25 April 2013.