Poverty reduction, security, climate change and governance are critical issues for the 21st Century. Study with us to gain the skills and knowledge essential for working in international development.
Flexible programme design and individual fieldwork for the Masters dissertation (on-campus degrees) ensure that International Development Department (IDD) meets a wide range of students’ interests.
Study from anywhere in the world with practitioners in government, civil society and the private sector as well as with people new to development.
Masters by distance learning
Our range of taught on-campus Masters degrees offers highly flexible programmes with a wide choice of specialisms.
- DLP will give a major presentation of its findings at UNDP/KPMG's 2014 International Development Conference in Singapore on 30 April 2014.
- Thursday 17th April 2014
- I joined IDD in 2006 as a part-time Masters students on the Poverty Reduction & Development Management programme. The two years passed by so quickly that I was disappointed when it all came to an end. Since then, however, I have managed to avoid leaving the Department by adopting various guises, including Teaching Assistant, PhD student, Visiting Lecturer and now Teaching Fellow.
- Tuesday 15th April 2014
- Speaker: Vaughn Graham (PhD researcher, University of Birmingham). The Ownership of Official Development Assistance in the Security and Justice Sector in Jamaica 2005-2013: How the Nature of Sectoral Policymaking Reflects and Challenges International Aid Policy.
- Monday 14th April 2014
- This week marked the 20th anniversary of the Rwandan genocide. More than 800,000 Rwandans, mostly from the minority ethnic Tutsi group, were killed by their Hutu neighbours while the UN force in the country and Western powers looked on.
- Thursday 10th April 2014
- Wednesday 11th June 2014
- Monday 1st - Tuesday 30th September 2014
- Postponed until September. Speaker: Niels Keijzer, Bi- and Multilateral Development Cooperation Department, German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
Study with us...